Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stubborn child

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 18 Replies
Hello,
I am having a serious issue with my daughter- she refuses to take medicine.
I know it seems silly but I have tried everything from bribery to taking toys
away. Sugar (like Ms. Poppins) I have scoured the web for advice and even tried
the "worst case scenario" force. It was horrible and my daughter squirmed like
a fish. I cried. I have asked for chewables, even a shot, but the doc says liquid
is preferred. I feel so lost in this and of course my parents are old school - "you
would have gotten your butt spanked..." But I don't want to do that- I just can't.
Overall I have an awesome kid but in this - her defiance is messing with my
Momma-Mojo. If anyone has advice to share it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nici
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ohauflower13
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Can you mix it into some juice? I would do that with my son, i would give him like 2-4 oz of juice and make sure he drank it all. He had no idea..

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Just hold her down if you have to. She needs it. Dont feel bad. You are being a good mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM
It's normal. I was so stubborn that after they forced it in my month I would stubbornly let it pour out of my mouth on to my clothes. Staring at them the whole time. I was awesome lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WowzaMom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Quoting strngenough:

It's normal. I was so stubborn that after they forced it in my month I would stubbornly let it pour out of my mouth on to my clothes. Staring at them the whole time. I was awesome lol.

OMG you're my kid - except she spits like a camel. This is baffling :)
WowzaMom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Just hold her down if you have to. She needs it. Dont feel bad. You are being a good mom.

Thanks, I'm trying to tell myself this but I am amazed that this nonsense is going on. It just makes me feel bad and it's hard to handle that. My little angel has horns and I must adapt.
WowzaMom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Quoting ohauflower13:

Can you mix it into some juice? I would do that with my son, i would give him like 2-4 oz of juice and make sure he drank it all. He had no idea..

Thanks :) any suggestions on a flavor to mask bubblegum - grape that isn't grape juice?
a06z08mama
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Kool aid?? Hawaiian punch??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Crystal light drink packet things. Um. The new mio I think it is that flavor enhances water.???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I used to hold my son down to brush his teeth. It needed to be done. It didnt hurt him any and he to this day has no cavities. lol

Quoting WowzaMom:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Thanks, I'm trying to tell myself this but I am amazed that this nonsense is going on. It just makes me feel bad and it's hard to handle that. My little angel has horns and I must adapt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EJs_Mama2k10
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Ask the pharmacy about mixing the flavor with, mix with. Juice..try letting someone else give it to her..my son wouldn't take his and fight so hard. But when my uncle gave he tried to fight it but finally gave in..its not a problem now..mix with applesauce or pudding...moreso the applesauce...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN