Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hear me out....Ummmm. What?!?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hear me out....

I want to file child support against my sons sperm donor. I'm in Georgia and he's chose to move back to Chicago. He is a total deadbeat and is not in his sons life. (total of 4 times he's seen him, and his first attempt was after his son turned 1 1/2) I'm not bashing him because i don't mean it no really he is an asshole....However, the extra money for my son would be nice that he help create but I really don't want my son around him. He has not matured and does not want too since he chose to leave... The last email he send me he stated he put his money in his brothers name so that he wouldn't show he has money to even play child support....The asshole buys equipment for his 'rapping' career but has never bought a damn thing for his kid that we both wanted also he considered me a 'cum dump'.... Ummm.....What?

So my question is this, would he get rights being that he really hasnt made ANY attempt to be in his life plus trying to avoid ANY responsiblity whats so ever.

Don't let no one steal your joy!!! Have a good day! Jennifer

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Lots of factors could come into play.  If you are insisting he pay for c/s, he could get visitation is one thing.  It doesn't matter if he is not in the child's life much at this moment.  It's what the courts are going to say - it's in the best interest of the child to have time with both parents.  He could get the visitation, but he also may forfeit it by not showing any interest in him, but it won't reflect that he gets out of paying c/s.. 

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM

First go and file for child support, you'll get a hearing and when you do show the email he sent you saying he put everything in his brother name so he doesn't have to pay child support, I'm sure the judge will not show him any kindness for that ( it can be seen as trying to defraud the court system) but if you do seek CS, the father could get visitation rights but the way I see it, he has made much effort now, there no reason he will seek visitation now, especially since you live a few states away. I say file for CS and cross the road of visitation if he seeks it.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Great advice above.  Hugs to you, mama.  hugging

Jazmyn1
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

every state is different but theres a possibility he would get visitation BUT it doesnt sound like heould take adantage of it and just cause he gts it doesnt mean he has too

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Your best bet would probably be to check with an attorney who specializes in family law in your area.  Good luck!

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM
If you take him to court, he will be ordered to pay support (and that email about hiding money would be awesome to use against him) and it could be retroacted to the babys birth. Unless you prove him unfit, he will be awarded visitation. He doesnt have to take the visitation but he will have to pay the support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM
child support and visitation are two different issues.

but you need to file for custody regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Exactly!!! Child support does not mean visitation. Talk to an attorney in your state to see what your states laws are.

Quoting happymommy1105:

child support and visitation are two different issues.

but you need to file for custody regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM

You can definatly ask the court to make it where he cannot take your son out of state, since he has never made an effort I can see them granting that.  What would he do then? How would he see him pay for hotels?  stay with you?  GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)