Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'M STILL A SINGLE MOM!

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

It's really frustrating that my boyfriend says I'm not a single mom anymore! Granted my son does say his name if you ask "Who's Daddy?" but he doesn't contribute to anything else my son needs...he's around for the fun stuff but financially I'm alone and until he starts to do what a father would I' stiil consider myself SINGLE MOM!

AM I OVER REACTING???

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raeann1984
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:41 PM

nope, its the truth! and he can pick up and leave both you and your son at any point. right now id say he's helping out.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:46 PM
If you're single and doing at least half of the raising of the child, you are a single mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM
If your marital status is single you're a single mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Naw Maw!  Realize your b/f is not your son's dad and he doesn't have to be.  He's there for you, not for your son.  Yeah, for fun stuff. 

strngenough
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Single mom vote. If you lived together, he paid for half or more, and helped out with all the raising stuff then not so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
To me a single mom is a mom who is not in a committed relationship. Are you in a committed relationship?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Me and my sister have different views on this, she thinks if the dad helps you're not a single mom but I think if you don't live with your so you are. I guess everyone has their own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM
I'm curious as to why he is still your boyfriend. He's a loser! And by definition a single mom is one who is not married to their child's father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM
why does your son say he's dad??....thats really bad especially if he's not supporting you guys financially or is married to you...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:45 AM
You are a single mom. You are it in a committed relationship with your child's father nor are you married.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN