Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

is it normal to love your child and regret them

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 2year old daughter. I am a single mother, her father is not around as much as he should be. I work full time and I go to school fulltime. I also pay for daycare which is 700 a month and to be honest i hate paying for it but i have no choice because its hard finding a baby sitter. Well long story short i love her to death it just seems like i cant deal with all the sacrafices of being a mom. Ive missed so many days of school because she was sick, i cant get an apartment because i pay for her school/ her everything. I want to give her up for adoption but i know i cant do it because my love is too strong. Is it normal to feel this way? Sometimes i hate being around her when she have tempertantrums, is that normal? Why would a mother feel this way,,,do anyone have any advice for me because im not happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I have regretted mine in low moments. I had them at the wrong age w the wrong dude. But that moment passes.
tyfry7496
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Same here. You can get child care help through the public assistance office. Here's 2 websites for billions of dollars in grants and scholarships

www.fastweb.com
www.scholarship.com

Quoting faerie75:

I have regretted mine in low moments. I had them at the wrong age w the wrong dude. But that moment passes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Normal mama, i love my kids but wish i could take that part of my life and move it 5 years down the road.
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Yeah me too

Quoting SaraSnider:

Normal mama, i love my kids but wish i could take that part of my life and move it 5 years down the road.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Being single is SO hard! I am and daycare is the reason I can't get a place as well. Mine is $620+ $55 for his preschool. He has to go somewhere so I can work. Next year he'll be in K, and that will be a HUGE financial burden that's gone! Do you have family or friends who can watch her for a few hours? You need a breather every once in a while. My youngest is special needs and it 's so stressful, so I get you. Their dad has them every other weekend, so even though it's not as much as he should, I do get some me time. You aren't alone. We all have days we feel like we will crack. Just keep going.
SaraSnider
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:27 PM
My young dumb moments lead me to 2 vary beautiful blessings that seem to make getting a stable life almost impossible. I wish i would of waited so i could be a better mother.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Yeah me too

Quoting SaraSnider:

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Im right there with you on that. Your name sounds like someone i went to school with. Im sure you live far away tho. lol

Quoting SaraSnider:

My young dumb moments lead me to 2 vary beautiful blessings that seem to make getting a stable life almost impossible. I wish i would of waited so i could be a better mother.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Yeah me too

Quoting SaraSnider:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I live in IL

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Im right there with you on that. Your name sounds like someone i went to school with. Im sure you live far away tho. lol

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Yeah me too

Quoting SaraSnider:

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Well then not too far away. I remembered her name. Its Sabrina Schneider.

Quoting SaraSnider:

I live in IL

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Yeah me too

Quoting SaraSnider:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Sounds similar :) what state do u live?

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Well then not too far away. I remembered her name. Its Sabrina Schneider.

Quoting SaraSnider:

I live in IL

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Yeah me too

Quoting SaraSnider:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)