Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

is it normal to love your child and regret them

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 2year old daughter. I am a single mother, her father is not around as much as he should be. I work full time and I go to school fulltime. I also pay for daycare which is 700 a month and to be honest i hate paying for it but i have no choice because its hard finding a baby sitter. Well long story short i love her to death it just seems like i cant deal with all the sacrafices of being a mom. Ive missed so many days of school because she was sick, i cant get an apartment because i pay for her school/ her everything. I want to give her up for adoption but i know i cant do it because my love is too strong. Is it normal to feel this way? Sometimes i hate being around her when she have tempertantrums, is that normal? Why would a mother feel this way,,,do anyone have any advice for me because im not happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
Refurbished
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM

It's all up from here, mama.  Just hang in there.  She's going to get easier to deal with, she won't demand as much of your time, she'll start kindergarten and you won't have to pay for daycare, and then you'll suddenly find yourself sobbing your eyes out and wondering where the time went when you drop her off for the first day of college. 

strngenough
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I'm sure there are. You need to check in your area. Love is felt and shown in many ways. Yeah your busy now, but it'll clear up as things get done. Do what you can. You have a life time with her. Don't get stuck in the now.

Quoting aktavia90:

Thanks i just wish i could give her that love she needs. Im so busy i barley see her and when i do see her she drives me crazy so i dont want to be around her. Yes a vacation will be nice:)...is there any programs that can help me. Such as helping me get an apartment or helping me pay for childcare??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Southern Wisconsin

Quoting SaraSnider:

Sounds similar :) what state do u live?

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Well then not too far away. I remembered her name. Its Sabrina Schneider.

Quoting SaraSnider:

I live in IL

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Im right there with you on that. Your name sounds like someone i went to school with. Im sure you live far away tho. lol

Quoting SaraSnider:

My young dumb moments lead me to 2 vary beautiful blessings that seem to make getting a stable life almost impossible. I wish i would of waited so i could be a better mother.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Yeah me too

Quoting SaraSnider:

Normal mama, i love my kids but wish i could take that part of my life and move it 5 years down the road.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zacknalexmom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Having thoughts of giving up your own child is not normal. That would be a even bigger regret you would face. Being a single mom is hard and stressful. I have never once had regrets about my children. My kids are my world. God bless and good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessAstarte
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM

(((HUGS)))

I can relate. I do think it's normal to an extent, especially for a single mom.

ETA: Was your DD unplanned?

BeachMommy07
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Does your ex not pay child support?

Youngmother456
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I feel so guilty when I am doing schoolwork and my son is really fussy and the thought "if I never had him..." pops into my head I love my son but I know how you feel. It is hard, good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM
As a parent, you definitely have to give things up for the child. You sound overstressed and overwhelmed right now. You need to take some time for yourself to relax and regroup. Being frustrated, stressed, exhausted and inconvenienced is normal for a parent, but I think you could also use some counseling to deal with the doubts about wanting to keep her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andyroosmama
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

You are stressed and overwhelmed. Have you been checked for PPD? It seems like that might be a possibility. I was diagnosed with PPD when my youngest was 4. I am a single mom, I go to school and work as well... but please understand that you should only fill your plate with what fits... I have burned the candle at both ends... Cut back on the amount of credit hours you are taking in school, and reevaluate your work schedule... Your child is 2, and you will be able to take on a larger course load when she is in school full time and just sit back and cherish the time you have now... I never regret or resent my boys, I only resent their dads for not being the parent they should be...

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Hugs mama welcome. It's normal you want to give your child the best but you are trying to stay afloat. I get it I pay 600 for child care I work full time just to pay for school and a house we are never in. I love my son but so it all on my own no help. It gets stressful when it does I have to stop and take a breath and try and look for the bright side
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN