Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I miss him?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm 30 weeks pregnant with his first son, we had a big fight at 8 weeks and I haven't seen him since.... We stopped talking for 2 months then he got ahold of me and we've Texted a little bit here and there. Still haven't seen him though :/ he also lives in another state...
I asked him if I would see him before the birth and he said ' 6 hours is a long way to drive just to see how you are' ... So I'm assuming he isn't interested in getting back togthr and Idk if I'm just lonely and going through the whole pregnancy alone and just sucks.

I'm trying not to be upset... Any advice from women who the dads who were not around the whole pregnancy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
otoole
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:54 PM

it is being lonely and hormones. i was pregnant with my second and my ds was 1 when i was on my own, i missed him to even though he was a dick, only now 8months after dd was born, i am realising that i am better of without him. you will remeber all the times he treat you badly and know you and your unborn child are better off without him. hugs

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM

When I was married and pregnant with my son, my husband was away a lot, he almost missed his birth. It's hard being alone when you have so much going on in your body, the emotions, and the hormones make  you so sensitive to everything. Do you have any support? Family, Friends? If you do lean on them, also try focusing on getting ready for the baby, and if  the father of your baby isn't good for you emotionally try to avoid talking with him. I know it's hard because I missed my ex dearly during that time but I learned to keep busy as much as I could.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hugs

BeachMommy07
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM

That is very hard. I'm sorry you are in this situation with him in another state and so far away. That is sad.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Just stay focused on yourself and the baby. Let him know the door is open for a relationship with the baby (and maybe you?), but other than updating him on the baby, dont contact him at all. You cant force him to be a dad no matter how much youd love it if he was. Youre stronger than you know and you can raise the baby on your own. You dont need him in order to provide your child with a good life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steffieloo
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM
When i was pregnant with my daughter her father was never around. Alway off doing other things even when i almost lost her. I see it as if there not there during the pregnancy then in most cases there not really intreasted in being a father. I wasted almost two.years of my life trying to make my daughters.father care and no matter what he still goes back to how he use to be. You are better off without him and finding someone who will be there for you from the start. If he cant be there for you when you need it the most he is deff not worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Hugs mama good luck and welcome to the group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Welcome to the group.  Hugs! hugging

cdjd23
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM

This. The best thing you can do is focus on yourself and the baby, don't let his absence ruin this time for you and especially with the birth.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Just stay focused on yourself and the baby. Let him know the door is open for a relationship with the baby (and maybe you?), but other than updating him on the baby, dont contact him at all. You cant force him to be a dad no matter how much youd love it if he was. Youre stronger than you know and you can raise the baby on your own. You dont need him in order to provide your child with a good life.

MommieJ
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Hugs sweetie!

I'm about to go through the same situation. I am 12 weeks pregnant and the father is not in the picture, nor will he be ever. Very sad situation. It can be tough, but this is a excellent site to get support and great advice as well as conversation. If you want to talk or need a buddy, find me. Good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)