Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My 14 month hates his crib. Only wants to sleep with me or his nana.

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
All the way up until he was 9 months, he slept in his crib, now if we put him in it, he cries like something is serious wrong with him, bad. I tried letting him fall asleep with me, then put him in his crib and its like he magically wakes up and cries again. Im pregnant and my son is a terrible sleeper, I want him to want to sleep in his crib again but he hates it. he tried to climb out one time :-/
Any advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
WowzaMom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM

It might help to move the crib into your room and just stay with your son until he falls asleep. I would play music or tell my daughter a story until she fell asleep, then I was able to leave the room. I also noticed that it helped to let her sleep with a t-shirt or a sweater of mine, just something that smelled like "mom".

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Never let the baby sleep with you or be ready to go through hell getting him out of your bed. Make sure his mattress is still comfy and isnt lumpy. Play soothing music. Stay with him a few minutes after you lay him down and rub his back. If he gets out, put him back. Make sure all his needs are met - not hungry or wet - and let him cry. Peek in on him to make sure hes ok every few minutes. Its gonna take patience out the ass and lots of determination to win the battle. It can take awhile, but eventually he will sleep there again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I sit with DS until he goes to sleep after our bedtime routine we've gotten to the point he can sleep with me sometimes but goes back to his bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
let him cry...If he has a dry diaper, is fed, Ans is not cold or hot let him cry, hell be OK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM
When my son was that age we moved him to a toddler bed. He would climb out of crib and get hurt so it was safer and he fell asleep easier that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdjd23
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM

My ds hated his crib as well and was able to climb out quite easily. I finally put him in his own bed and it really helped a lot, there are a lot of nights I have to still lay down with him to get him to sleep but I'm happy to if it means he will stay in his own bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)