Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Df needs to grow up, need advice

I'm 19 yrs old and I have a 5 month baby boy named jayden. His dad named roshane, who I'm still with for a almost two years now is 22yrs old. And ive been the only one out of both of us taking care of our son. He doesn't Change Pampers, make bottles and forget about putting him to bed or even playing with him. I feel like I had a baby by myslef and he's just my Bf. What can I do? Has anyone had this problem before? Help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Replies (11-16):
springbabyface
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I love him and before he used to be and do stuff for me just because. I know he can be a great dad he has been great to me. But when it comes to our son idk. And I feel like he gets a Tad bit jealous because it used to be just me and him and now its jayden that comes before his needs. I just might leave him with jayden but I left him only once before and he let jayden cry to sleep.
somemore83
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

With my experience some men are afraid they will hurt the baby.  My bf now loves our daughter and holds her, changes her diaper and plays with her, but he still can't wait til she gets older so he can play play with her. Maybe once your ds gets older he will play with him more, some men just aren't equipped to deal with babies.  If he doesn't start taking an interest after that I don't think I would stick around.

springbabyface
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Yea I think so too. He always says he can't wait till jayden is older so he can talk to him and he can tell him what's wrong and walk so he can bond better.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!

Belly_Laugh
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I had that problem. I decided that if i was going to have to play the role of single mom, then i might as well be single. I didn't think i had the strength but i found it. I didn't think i could love anyone else but I found a man 10X better! I am happier! He is a great dad. You can't make your man grow up, by you staying with him and doing everything yourself, you are letting him be that way. Why would he do anything when he knows you are just going to do it? It took me leaving my LO dad for him to grow up and be one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN