Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

if your partner left you while you were pregnant...

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

and stopped speaking to you during that time, did you call him when you went into labor? did you regret that decision?

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM
We were separated when I got preg w our youngest. I called him during labor & he said he hoped I died during the childbirth (but he is abusive). I do regret calling him, but every person is different. Your ex may be more supportive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cdjd23
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I stopped speaking to him towards the end of my pregnancy, he was verbally abusive and we only ever fought so I didn't need the stress. I didn't call him, I didn't regret not calling him but he did call the hospital after I had my son, don't know how he knew and came by and saw him. I'm glad in a way he got to see him but either way wouldn't have bothered me all that much. I cut him out of our lives completely when ds was 2 weeks old and we have been much better off.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I contacted him a few times during the pregnancy but he didn't have much to say. I did let him know when I had our son and I'm glad I did. His whole family showed up and have been very supportive of me. I didn't allow him in the delivery room though. I don't regret it.
Zacknalexmom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM
My exhusband was in jail when I was pregnant and when I went into labor. The hospital called the correctional facility and let him know I was having our baby. He didn't see our daughter till she was 2 weeks old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I can't answer the question but here's a bump for you

Shaybay218
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I'd let him know but will stress it that he does not have to be there...Gl

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
HELL TO THE FUCKING NO ON BOTH!
tinky_00
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex & I split when I was pregnant. I let him know when I was going into labor. He never showed, but I don't regret it because I did my part so he had the opportunity to be there for his son. He now regrets not being there.
strngenough
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to tell him, but I struggle with if I'll let him in the room. He kinda lost the rights to see my lady parts lol. I'm working hard to not be like if you don't want us you don't get him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM
yes I called him when I was in labor.

no I don't regret it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN