Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what happens when the baby comes?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 10 Replies

is there any single moms out there that went thru pregnancy and labaro alone??

Im scary to be in the delivery room alone and not sure how to hadle it.

also how did you guys cope with bringing the baby home and  waking up every night to feed him or her? and not having any one there to help??

Im really scare and worry.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I didn't go through my pregancy and labor alone.  I was married to my ex at the time.  Can you ask a friend to be there for you?  What about a family member? 

When that baby does come ask the same people to help you take care of the baby.  As in watching him/her so you can have some time to yourself.  Feeding will be up to you during the night unless you can ask a family member or friend to come live with you. 

I know it's a scary time for you.  And, being alone has to be tough. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Sorry, I didn't go through it alone.  At home, yes I was alone, was going back to work after 6 weeks, so I had to get them on a schedule.  It worked for me.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I went through all 3 pregnancies & labors alone. It worked out ok cause all I know is how to do what I have to do to make it. I was married but he refused to fly down and see our babies being born. We never lived together. He usually didn't see our kids until they were almost one. I have done it all alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM
I did it alone. My parents and my sister were in the delivery room with me. You can handle it. Just read pregnancy and baby books and keep yourself informed on the things to expect. Don't worry about the dad. Whatever your situation you can handle it even if its hard. I've been doing this 5 years now. I'm finishing my bachelors degree, work full time, and live on my own. Just live one day at a time and focus in you and your baby's future. Don't sweat the stuff you can't control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I went through it alone too... my mother and sister were there for the delivery.

It's tough.

When you bring baby home, make sure you sleep whenever he/she sleeps..or you'll be a total zombie.

strngenough
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM
I'll be doing it alone. What's helped so far is thinking about the awesome baby I get to have instead of how this isn't what I pictured happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM
I had my mom with me in the delivery and then the room for the csec.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM

i was single when pregnant with my second but my mom came to my labor.

i just woke myself up or heard the baby crying at night time to feed him.

if you have any family or friends that can be supportive to you right now it would help a lot.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I was married during my delivery with the twins but we split up a month later. I asked my parents and friends NOT to help me. They weren't gonna be around forever so I didn't want to depend on them. I just kept telling myself those babies needed me and I just did it! I'm still doing it alone and I actually love it!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zacknalexmom
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I've done it all alone. My exhusband was in jail both times my kids were born.My mom was in labor room with me with both my kids. I divorced my ex 7 yrs ago. I work fulltime and have my own apartment. Keep your head up. Be strong momma! Being a single mom is hard but if I can do it so can you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)