Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Mom......

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

So, I've been a single mom for a little over a year now.  When my husband moved out I didn't have a job or any form of income, I didn't have daycare or anything.  It was a civil divorce, we both wanted out didn't fight over anything, I even suggested joint custody of our then 2-year-old daughter.  He didn't want to, said he didn't want to figure out daycare.

Well since then I have found a job, gotten daycare, and manage to get the bills paid, barely.  Anyways, he was dropping her off, I was having some schedule issues and was just stressed to the max.  So I said something about how hard it is being a single mom, he said, "Yea, I know, I'm a single dad too!"

Heck NO.  Your a weekend dad, you don't worry about daycare, sickness, schedules, school,....  Is it just me being angry and frustrated???  I'm i angry for a good reason, or should I just shrug it off???

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lovelymumzy
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

FRUSTRATION, I used to feel the same way... The more you do for yourself, the more you can do for your child trust me IT'LL GET GREATER LATER :) ((ignore his comments, because he couldn't do half of what you do))

CryMAd
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I do get frustrated.  He just doesn't get it.  He thinks he has it tough, i know it's not a walk in the park for him, but REALLY, he hasn't gone through half the stuff I did, and his mom has been there for him the whole time paying his rent and helping him.  Yea, my family would help me, but I can't bring myself to ask.  I manage, the bills get paid, there's food in the house, my daughter has nice clothes and is going to the best daycare in town.  But it's hard, I'm so tired all the time, and just wanna cry.  Add to that I've been trying to date........ And I'm just overwhelmed, and he says stuff like that and I just wanna scream!

So yea, I guess frustrated is a good way to put it! :)  Thank you lovelymumzy!

strngenough
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this
You offered him shared custody and he took the easy way out, so nope you definately should be upset at that comment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Hi and welcome to the group.

You have every right to ask him for his help such as taking child to drs, to help relieve some of the stress.  Daycare, you could ask him to pick her up at a certain time if at all possible.  Co-parenting is a right not necessarily an option.

Sj218
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM
I feel your frustration. My STBX only has our son for a total of 92 hours a month, yet he bitches about how hard it is on him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:21 AM
I'd shrug it off. If you're not together, he's just as much a single dad as you are a single mom. As for the "hard" part, each person has a different threshold; your additional involvement in the day-to-day care probably puts your idea of "hard" in an inconceivable category to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danglmommy
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I told someone I had been dating, who was a weekend Dad too, the same thing because he was playing the marytr. I do not regret it and I never spoke to him again. Don't worry about it even if you were just frustrated I don't see harm in venting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)