Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stressed...to the f***ing max

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

I"m in nursing school and its our last week of the semester.  I"ve been missing my daughtet because I've had to work evenings.  Everyday this past week she has cried to me sayihg she has missed me.  I cry about it almost everyday.  I know its almost over, but I'm so over it.  On top of that, I'm over the top stressed about money.  I don 't know how I'm going to make it the next year.  I know I will, but I just can't put the puzzle peices together.  On top of that, I'm 90% sure I have a cavity.  Thats probably $500 out of pocket because I don't have insurance.  Whatever.  I'll figure it out.  My bf (who is decently well off, lets think six figures here) keeps offering to have his cleaning lady come over and clean my house and he offered to pay for my dentist appointment and it almost sent me over the edge.  I'm NEVER in the position to have other people offer or me need money.  It makes me sick.  I"ve always been the one who people asked for financial help.  Now look at me.  Granted, it was my decision to go back to school, but it makes me sad and angry when he offers.  I wouldn't take his money EVER, and I want to tell him how I feel about it, but I can't without breaking down into a puddle of tears.  I feel like we are in two different economic classes and that bothers me BIG time.  It's not the fact that he's offering, its the fact that I think he thinks that I need it.  I know its a nice gesture, but it makes me feel bad.  ONe more week and finals are over...maybe I can be normal then...maybe. 

Has anyone gone through school and felt like this??  I feel so fucking helpless and the pressure just keeps mounting. 

Has anyone ever taken private student loans??  I am already taking regular ones, but I may need to do a private loan for my last semester of college.  Any ideas?? Yes, I do work part time through all this.  Just looking for some helpful advice.  And please don't say take his money, it won't happen.  I will do this by myself...

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Not gone through school, I'd kill to have a b/f like yours just for once!

wigglesmomma22
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Thanks.  He's an awesome bf.  I just feel like crap because I'm broke...I won't be forever, but I don't want him or anyone else to think I'm using him for $.  His friend is single and is just like him though.. lol

Quoting brieri:

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Quoting wigglesmomma22:

Thanks.  He's an awesome bf.  I just feel like crap because I'm broke...I won't be forever, but I don't want him or anyone else to think I'm using him for $.  His friend is single and is just like him though.. lol

Quoting brieri:

lol.  how old is his friend? 

wigglesmomma22
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Quoting brieri:

Quoting wigglesmomma22:

Quoting brieri:

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM
The thing that I kept telling myself when I was a single mom in school full time "This too shall pass!"

How about borrowing the money from your guy with full understanding that it's a loan?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting wigglesmomma22:

Quoting brieri:

Quoting wigglesmomma22:

Quoting brieri:

Aww, oh well, all the guys in my age bracket have been taken, so I guess I will be single 4-ever..

sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I took out a private loan; the interest was decent but there was NO grace period. If you go that route, check to see if they defer payments while in class or if you have to start immediate repayment. Also, you'll probably not get any additional than the cost of tuition (I couldn't add my books in the loan).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Please take this in the spirit it is meant...you are obviously struggling even though you are working your a$$ off. Clearly your boyfriend sees this and is trying to extend help by offering things that are practical and needed and intended to offer you some relief. I am sure he would much rather spend $100 bucks for a housekeeper for a couple hours then for a dozen roses- and i am guessing you wouldnt reject the flowers as charity. But though the gifts are different they would both come from the same place in his heart. Though it may feel like charity to you, he is offering you kindness. Let him help you. I know it is hard, and we single moms have been placed in a position where we must prove our self reliance, but sometimes being strong means graciously accepting assistance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM

This a thousand times.

Quoting Mamavelt:

Please take this in the spirit it is meant...you are obviously struggling even though you are working your a$$ off. Clearly your boyfriend sees this and is trying to extend help by offering things that are practical and needed and intended to offer you some relief. I am sure he would much rather spend $100 bucks for a housekeeper for a couple hours then for a dozen roses- and i am guessing you wouldnt reject the flowers as charity. But though the gifts are different they would both come from the same place in his heart. Though it may feel like charity to you, he is offering you kindness. Let him help you. I know it is hard, and we single moms have been placed in a position where we must prove our self reliance, but sometimes being strong means graciously accepting assistance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)