Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Any single moms that used to be a married SAHM

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM
  • 20 Replies
I just need some advice and ideas on where do I start or I need to do first to get away from dh. How did you do it? To get away from him without him knowing or having a job? Please I need advice. I don't want to be around him for another second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petite101
by Danielle on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Do you have any friends or family you can stay with? I would start by just leaving if you have somewhere to go, then go and get on some assistance for now while looking for a job.

KayLundy3
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM
check your messages
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asheleyt
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I did :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Oh yeah, I was a SAHM for many years.  Between the job I got a couple of years before we split up and child support I wouldn't have made it unless we'd moved in with my parents.

You'll figure it out though, there is assistance out there (food stamps, etc.)

Quoting asheleyt:

I just need some advice and ideas on where do I start or I need to do first to get away from dh. How did you do it? To get away from him without him knowing or having a job? Please I need advice. I don't want to be around him for another second.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Sorry, I was on the other side of the fence. 

deeds99
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I began by "skimming" money off the top of the bank accounts and hiding it. once i had enough for a lawyer and a few extra bucks, I made arrangements with family to come stay with them and my daughter and I were outa there.  My now ex DH made decent money, so he didn't notice I took it.

Guardianof2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM
dont know what your situation is but if he is abusive there are shelters you can go into. dont be afraid if you want out of the relationship leave dont stay another min.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetlilM
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I was blessed to have my Mom, Aunt, and Uncle to help me. Do you have family or friends to turn to?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zacknalexmom
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM
No,I had to work and support my ex's lazy arse. He was lazy,on drugs and cheated on me. I finally just packed mine and the kids stuff and left. We stayed with my family till I got my divorce. Then I got myself a low income apartment,help with paying for daycare expenses and foodstamps. If you feel in danger there are domestic violence shelters you can go to. Perhaps you can stay with some family and friends?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixie1986
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I was a SAHM for 7 years. My ex had a lot anger problems and one day I just couldn't take it anymore. I packed up my kids & moved into my mom's house. I was lucky to have my family help me out until I found a job & started getting child support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)