Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

new to this group

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

i am a single mom of 5 children..ages 18..14..13..4..3..

this is hard but i want to be honest.  i am not the best mom..money is tight. i struggle day to day but i do have a roof over the kids head,,food in their stomach and i do know how to ask for help when needed. the toughest part is my boys the 14 and 13 year old have been staying with my parents..they say they don't want to come home,, my parents live right near a park and they also have my brother and his wife living with them with their 3 boys and on weekends my brothers other son from a previous girlfriend. where i live their isn't any kids for them to play with and the closet park is 3 miles away. i do not abuse them and everytime i tell the boys to come home my mother says they can't or don't want to..i think she has them convinced they can't come home. i don't know what to do..i cry all the time i miss them..i am always at my parents house so i can see my sons..please don't bash me..just advice please.

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brieri
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Confused why your boys can't come home.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group. YOU are the mother. YOU are the boss, not the boys or your parents. You decide when its time for them to come home and thats when they do it. Period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne205
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM

i was taught to be respectful and if i don't i get yelled at..like i'm a child. my mother is very controlling

yvonne205
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

its not that they can't they don't want to. i have their beds at home and plenty of food, its really complicated if i tell them to come home the boys freak out on me then my parents start yelling at me..i don't like to be yelled at or cause problems..they should just listen to me but they dont

divinemomma
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM

If you leave them there too long, it could be considered abandoment. Just make sure no one is trying to get custody of them.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Hello and welcome to the group.  You are the mom and you need to make the rules for your kids.  If you can't work things out with your mom or parents then you have two choices - don't allow them to stay there or just accept things the way they are. 

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group, that is a hard situation you have on your hands, but the one that you must face and not back down from. Your mother is very controlling but at the end of the day those are you children and you are an adult living on your own, not under your mothers rules. I would sit down with your mother and explain that  you are taking your boys home  and she either supports you and make them understand they have to come home or it will be done with the kids against the children and her will and you will not allow them to visit. They are your children and it's time your mother understood that, its also time for you boys to understand that you are their mother and you set the rules , not grandma and they have to come home. You have to stand up for yourself and your family, your not a bad mother at all but you do have to take control of this situation. GL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)