Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

does this give anyone else the creep vibe or am I just paranoid?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

I got a facebook message from a fb friend, he's a guy I went to high school.  We weren't besties or anything but we associated with each other time to time, we had mutual friends.

Anyway.. He says "I saw you friday" so I think about where I was... I said "oh at walmart?" because the only other place I was, was my daughter's eye doctor. 

He says "yeah, but I didn't talk to you because you were with Sonny."  Sonny is my ex husband, he came with us to the eye appointment then I dropped DD off at school, then we went to walmart to get her a hard eyeglasses case.

Now at first I thought nothing of it.. but now I feel kinda creeped out by it.  This guy had a crush on a friend of mine the year after graduation and he went to her house after bingo one night (he was invited, and there were other people there) and she said that he wouldn't stop following her around the house and kept trying to put his arms around her until she asked him to leave.

IDK, I feel like if his intentions were innocent and just wanted to say HI that my ex husband's presence shouldn't have made a difference considering they know each other from the local wrestling circuit.......

Or I could just be paranoid because lately I've really, REALLY been resistant to anyone that tries to get close to me, physically or otherwise.  One of my taekwondo instructors did the one-armed-hug to me when I shook his hand and I stiffened up like a cat ready to claw some one's eyes out.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Without knowing how he meant it or knowing him its hard to say.  If it bothers you that much I would just block him on facebook.  Hugs!

steviechick
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  I wouldn't want this guy around me either.   Just remember there are a lot of guys out there.  This one seems to be a bit on the odd side.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I see nothing creepy about it. I see guys I know alot, but if they are with a woman, I normally dont say more than hi out of respect for her, unless I know their story and know she would be ok with me talking to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this, I usually wont say hi to males I know when they are with a woman because you never know how the woman may react, there some pretty crazy people out there, he probably didn't know what your ex would say to him. I wouldn't take it to the creepy side but that is just me personally.

Quoting Robsessed98:

I see nothing creepy about it. I see guys I know alot, but if they are with a woman, I normally dont say more than hi out of respect for her, unless I know their story and know she would be ok with me talking to him.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I say trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable about it go with that. I personally will say hi to someone I know in passing. If their with someone I won't stop and chat unless they stop me.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM

It's hard to say - but go with your instincts.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Well, first I think you went about answering him wrongly.  You should have questioned him where he saw you, then that would give you indication of creepiness or not.

BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Quoting easinpc:

Without knowing how he meant it or knowing him its hard to say.  If it bothers you that much I would just block him on facebook.  Hugs!

MsLogansMommy
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:56 PM

maybe at this point you should ask "why did sonny being with me make you feel you couldnt talk to me?"

mytrueloveS
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I don't see anything creepy about it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN