Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Afraid Of Dating

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 25 Replies
So I am a 1rst time mom & ever since I had my son dating & relationships seems like a distant memory that I miss. I would like to get married one day but its not much to pick from. I mean the men here in St. Louis are simply childish & I refuse to have that around my son. My question is how do I get back in the dating world without settling for less?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

HI and welcome to the group.

The answer can only be found among yourself. 

cdjd23
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

When I thought I was ready to start dating I went the online route, not my first choice but it's what I had to work with realistically. Doing that made it a little easier since you can talk to these people for a bit before meeting them and kinda feel out whats going on there. If it's not what you're looking for, move on. Only you can decide what things you are willing to take in another person and what you aren't.

1rstbornSON
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Thanx! You're right I need to know what I want & have cofidence & I guess not take it too serious!!!
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Good luck!!
MamaHens3
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck, and its never fun dating. At any age, with older age you find the male gender hasn't changed. From 15 yrs old, to adult man lol. Their just big kids with expensive toys, can drive and don't live under a parental roof (well unless they live with their parents lol). 

I was married to my ex dh for 8 yrs, together 9 and when we split up I was more bummed I had to date eventually again. I found out after the split, meeting my first post marraige bf. Who  is my youngest child's father. Being friends, and keeping it causal was a good first step. We became more, not even planning and he adored me having others able to tell. He was a fellow divorcee, me going through one and him been for over a year. Online dating sites, eh as silly as they sound and are it's a good start also. You can actually meet some normal guys on there, same time creepers and people who need to be on a do not give them your # EVER lol. I met my now bf, and was just friend off plenty of fish. I didn't expect us to be more, be dating yet we are. 

Zacknalexmom
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. I'm divorced going on 7 yrs now. Dating as a single mom is hard. For me it is. Once you tell a guy you have kids you never hear from them or they make excuses. I tried the online dating and found nothing but crazies,cheaters,men wanting sex,and bums. Sorry,but I'll pass. So I havn't been on a date or had a boyfriend in over 1 yr. Really,I could care less for dating. I don't trust men at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm in the same boat somewhat. My ex and I just broke up in June of this year, of course he had a girlfriend right away. Sometimes I miss having a man around, not really for sex but just to have that companionship. Most of the time though, I feel like I don't need to have a man in my life except my 4 year old son. While I was with my ex I mostly felt like I had two kids, and the my son was easier to deal with.

LauraMH
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't even imagine dating right now but I do have several friends that have found their SO's online. I'm from St. Louis too by the way  :)

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm 2 hrs from Stl. I agree about the men around here. Dating sucks!!! I really hate it. At this point I'm up for an arranged marriage. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Arranged marriage sounds great.  I'm pregnant with my second child, and I'm starting to have doubts of the current bf.  Good luck to you, dating is hard, especially if you're really picky.  

Quoting Stephd710:

I'm 2 hrs from Stl. I agree about the men around here. Dating sucks!!! I really hate it. At this point I'm up for an arranged marriage. Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN