Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
So I am a 1rst time mom & ever since I had my son dating & relationships seems like a distant memory that I miss. I would like to get married one day but its not much to pick from. I mean the men here in St. Louis are simply childish & I refuse to have that around my son. My question is how do I get back in the dating world without settling for less?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome!  I have no clue last guy i thought was great ended up having a girlfriend... glad i found out quickly without my son knowing him

Reese2010727
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!..and all I can say is follow your heart & use your head!...Things take time..

Christie825
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Try online for a while, but make sure to CHECK OUT the person you are talking to, Skype, and talk on the phone a lot before meeting in person, and the first time you meet meet in a public area and don't go back to your or his place until you feel you truly know and trust him. There might even be a website for people in your area who are single parents.

The bars are full of people that are likely too childish to be with someone who has a kid.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Im across the river and dont i know about men not worth having around your child. I havent even dated once since i left the sperm donor almost 5yrs ago. the few who have asked me are LOSERS! I too don't want trash near my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say online dating that is what I did when I decided it was time, it's easier to pick out ones that you wont even think about dating, you can generally see what they do, where the live and interest and you can decide whether it's worth taking a chance or passing on. I live in NYC, where you would think it would be easier but no, it's just a town full of man with issues, more issues then a single divorcee mom if you can believe that. Not to mention you have a large number of pervs, so I guess what I'm trying to say is happy hunting lol 

michiganmom5150
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I just started dating again this past summer after 10 years with my ex. It was scary. Went on a lot of first and only dates. I went the online route and finally met a really sweet guy. Everyone wants to have sex the first date! I was like wtf? Idk if it's the times or b/c I m a single mom and they think I'm desperate, but be prepared for that! My bf was different. I thought he was never gonna kiss me! He never brought up sex before or after we met and really showed me respect. They are out there. GL.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!!! Don't settle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

idk. i dont like dating online. whenever i tried i just had a bunch of guys looking for sex. the pay for sites might be better but i have heard bad from them too.

my advice is just be very discerning and move slow. dont engage in sexual conversations early. observe. take your time.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I had a bad experience with meeting a guy from ChristianMingle.  He sucked and the date sucked.  Lasted for just an hour.  Never heard from him again. Went on two set-up dates.  Both duds.  Have an interest in a guy that is a contractor for the building in which I work.  Called him and asked him out for a date to meet at BW's to watch football.  Never heard from him.  Not sure if he got my v/m or not.  He would be the type to call me back.  Not sure what to think of that..... I'm not into on-line dating.  Looked at POF.  Too many guys to choose from.  And, really, who wants to shop through all those good looking men, send e-mails and go on that many dates just to see what they are like in person.  Nope.  Not gonna set myself up for that.  I'm going to meet my guy the old fashioned way - go to church and get involved in the singles/divorce group next year.  I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta near my sister.   She knows plenty of people to meet. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree, it took a long time, but eventually I just knew I was ready to date!!

Quoting brieri:

HI and welcome to the group.

The answer can only be found among yourself. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)