Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am so bummed!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 10:10 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am newly separated (this summer) and was just recently introduced to an awesome guy. We talk and text daily but have only had 1 date so far. We are set up for date # 2 this sunday. I am so excited to get together again BUT we are due for a winter storm!!!!! can you believe it?????
We both have kids and he lives 1 hour away so finding time to get together has been challenging.
I feel like a freakin teenager ready to throw a fit over a bad prom date!
i know good things come to those who wait....but neither of us are getting any younger!

someone needs to talk some sense into me!

by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom5
by Member on Dec. 12, 2007 at 10:12 AM
Ican't talk any sense into you..I am too jealous! lol Things will work out, don't worry! SHOO snowstorm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Kids Rock!!~
happinow
by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 10:23 AM
It's just that last weekend, I turned him down to go out on Sat. because I had plans with friends that pre dated our introduction. A big party. (not one I could take him to)
so we both set our sites on this sunday.....now the freakin storm....
Karma...

tranquilmom
by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 10:37 AM
Since when has the weatherman been right? Hang in there, maybe it won't snow after all!
happinow
by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 12:25 PM
keep an eye on the Philly skies.
I just know it is gonna be a big snow.... I have that sinking feeling.
He also plows when snow comes so it's not like we can plan to get snowed in together...(too early for that anyway)
Oh well, I need to dig deep and find some patience.

Emeania
by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 5:01 PM
First of all, if you focus on this storm, it will storm. Put it out there that it won't storm on Sun. Or that if it must storm, it will happen long after he leaves for the night.

So long as you keep working towards being with him, things will work out to where you can. The universe, or God, or whatever you believe in, wants to see you succeed and be happy. You just get to show your commitment sometimes. Hang in there and good luck.
happinow
by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 5:45 PM
thanks guys!

I needed some sisterhood! (and a shake)

the ex called and was bitchin at me about bills today too just to top off my mood.
I turned to my girlfriends and felt tons better! too bad guys can't do that.

so if it snows, it snows,
if this relationship is meant to be, it will "weather the storm" so to speak.

ety
by on Dec. 12, 2007 at 9:06 PM
may be thats what we need sumtimes so we can for get sum of our problems, so if you feel like a teen so what! enjoy ur self

Hello join my family and me in our glories church service at; www.igualdadcrisiana.com fridays at 8:30pm and sunday at 11:30am(eastern time)

GOD  bless the souls

happinow
by on Dec. 13, 2007 at 11:13 AM
THEY ARE CALLING FOR RAIN ON SUNDAY IN THIS AREA!!!!!

Woo Hoo! I cannot believe it!

we both are fighting colds...now if they go away, we are golden!!!
(that would make for some nasty smoochin....and since we haven't  gotten to that point yet, I want it to be boogie Free!

Sabati
by on Dec. 14, 2007 at 9:32 AM
OMG, not a cold on your big date! Drink lots of orange juice, take vitamin E, and get some zinc cough drops, if you can find em.
Good luck, I hope you make your big date and that everything goes
b-e-a-u-tifully! Cop a snuggle for me, too, will you? My bf live twelve hours away and I'm so lonely, right now.
happinow
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 8:50 AM
Just in case any of your followed up on my SAGA.

the snow stayed away and we had our date!
I was totally stressed about it and not sure how he was feeling. I was afraid that he was thinking we lived too far away and that it was too much trouble.
Well, let me tell you, he made it abundantly clear that is not the case!
awesome date, awsome first kiss(s)!!!
I haven't kissed someone other than my Ex in 17 years!
It was soooo wierd! But niiiiiiiiice!!!

thanks for your support girls! I really needed it!

love Ya!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)