Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I AM CRAZY ?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
  • 40 Replies

I am crazy to even to be thinking this over? So my ex husband as some of you may know is back in my life and has been pretty good for the last few weeks. Well he emailed me this morning letting me know that he may have to go out of town during the holiday week but was really looking forward to spending it in NY with us and our families. This year was his turn to get our son during the Holiday break which would have meant that I would have had to sent him to wherever his dad was this year but instead he asked if we would mind spending our holidays with him in Europe he has to work during the day but would have time every evening, this way he got time with all his "kids". I am crazy to even be thinking about saying yes to him?, should I say heck yes and just go with the flow?, or should I say no and try to keep our distance for both our sakes? I'm confused, hormonal, and just plain surprised he asked.

What do you girls think?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM
No clue. My ex would never ask to see my kid if he wanted to live another day. Im glad you and the ex are getting along. I hope you figure out what to do. Best of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, how many times in a lifetime do you get a free trip to Europe? If yall are getting along and youre comfortable right now, I think its an amazing opportunity for the kids especially. I say hell yes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been to Europe a few times but yes definately would love to go again especiall with our son, I know he will enjoy spending time with us as for our "other kids" it's not like they will even notice but a happy mom does mean a happy babies bump lol We have been getting a long great but I don't want to confuse myself or our son, I'm not sure where this is leading and whether I"m going into this with a clear and level head. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Well, how many times in a lifetime do you get a free trip to Europe? If yall are getting along and youre comfortable right now, I think its an amazing opportunity for the kids especially. I say hell yes!

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Dont overthink things. Just relax and let it lead where it leads. I dont think you need to explain anything to your son. He will be able to tell whats what. Just dont make him any guarantees or false hope if it does come up. Be open and honest with him. You'll know what to do when and if you feel it. Go have an awesome holiday!

Quoting victoriahearts:

I have been to Europe a few times but yes definately would love to go again especiall with our son, I know he will enjoy spending time with us as for our "other kids" it's not like they will even notice but a happy mom does mean a happy babies bump lol We have been getting a long great but I don't want to confuse myself or our son, I'm not sure where this is leading and whether I"m going into this with a clear and level head. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Thank you, it's nice to know I haven't complete lost all my marbles lol 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Dont overthink things. Just relax and let it lead where it leads. I dont think you need to explain anything to your son. He will be able to tell whats what. Just dont make him any guarantees or false hope if it does come up. Be open and honest with him. You'll know what to do when and if you feel it. Go have an awesome holiday!

Quoting victoriahearts:

Quoting Robsessed98:

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I'm not sure what ended the marriage in the first place.  I would think long and hard about that before saying yes to going on that trip.  If you think you would be happy eventually getting back together, if that happens, then I say go with the flow.  If there are things about him that will make it never work, then I would say you should keep your distance. 

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

By all accounts what ended our marriage was not something unforgiveable.  My ex husband was all about his business and making sure it continued to grow, the problem with that was I barely saw him, I was in a marriage by myself. Everything took a backseat to his work responsblities including our son so it became extremely hard to stand by a man that I wasn't there and didn't seem to care.

Quoting Ridingsolo:

I'm not sure what ended the marriage in the first place.  I would think long and hard about that before saying yes to going on that trip.  If you think you would be happy eventually getting back together, if that happens, then I say go with the flow.  If there are things about him that will make it never work, then I would say you should keep your distance. 

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Well in that case I personally would go on the trip.  It sounds like he truly cares but is just very driven and focused on making money.  There are many, many worse faults to have.  I'd go but take it slow.   

Quoting victoriahearts:

By all accounts what ended our marriage was not something unforgiveable.  My ex husband was all about his business and making sure it continued to grow, the problem with that was I barely saw him, I was in a marriage by myself. Everything took a backseat to his work responsblities including our son so it became extremely hard to stand by a man that I wasn't there and didn't seem to care.

Quoting Ridingsolo:

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

This one is hard to say.  Sounds so much fun, on the other hand, what he could be saying is,please come with me I am available every night. yeah, sure, right?.  It never fails it will end up he will be leaving you amd the kids in to defending for yourselves all week long

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

That one of the other problems that making me think twice, he has been good the last few weeks making time for our son and to make sure the twins pregnancy is going ok and taking me to the doctor when I need it. But the reason I left is because work was his life nothing else, so if I go this give him an out to work late instead of spend time with our son. or he could continue to be good and make the effort and actually make it a nice holiday vacation for us all. But I'm also thinking there could be worse places to be during the holiday, at least in Europe we can see so much by ourselves.

Quoting brieri:

This one is hard to say.  Sounds so much fun, on the other hand, what he could be saying is,please come with me I am available every night. yeah, sure, right?.  It never fails it will end up he will be leaving you amd the kids in to defending for yourselves all week long

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)