Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

does she or not!! we dont even know where to start ??

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 21 Replies

this is for my daughter .....he hasent been there through pregnancy tried to enforce an aborotion that didnt work so tried to giver her up for adoption that didnt work ...so said he wanted nothing to do with her or baby kept telling her she was going to be a terrible mother dosent deserve to be a mother ect... ..someone in his family works at hospital she delivered at and found out she was born and rt away ..he wants rights dont know if we put his name on bc should he see her even though he wanted to get abortion ect...wish we had someone to talk to that knew the ins and outs of law so if anyone can help that would be great help !!!!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry to hear that your daugther is going thruought this especially when she should be expreience only joy. As for putting the father's name on the BC, you don't have to in order to get it issued but if he does take her to court , he can request and it will be granted. As for giving him rights to see the baby she doesn't have to until she or him file in family court and visititation is granted. Your daugther can do one of two things, she can file before he can, establish paternity, that way she can get child support, establish visitation that would be comfortable for her, she can tell the judge everything he done but the judge may not care, it's best to say that the child is a newborn and requires care for the mother that way he visitation could take place at her home and in her presence. Or she can wait to see how serious the father is about being in the baby's life, he could just be blowing smoke but she will have to make a decision.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Talk to an attorney.

raeann1984
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

if he wants to see her, then yes i would let him -- at your home. go ahead and file for child support and a visitation order to keep the baby safe. almost every attorney does a free consultation. and if it were me, no i would not list him as the father until the court things are settled.

3grls1wildboy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM

do u have to have bc before u can file for anything??

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM

if he takes her to court, establishes paternity and follows through, yes he will get rights. it doesnt matter if he asked her to gt an bortion. i think most men wqould ask that faced with an unplanned pregnancy. and prior to the baby being born, he doesnt need to be there if he isnt with the mother.

3grls1wildboy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Would it be better if she filed 1st?if she dosent put his name on bc does h then have to get court ordered paternity how long dos that take ?
raegan1221
by Raegan on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Quoting brieri:

Hi and welcome to the group.

Talk to an attorney.

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Look up your state laws. She can't add him to the bc unless he signs a paternity affidavit. She can file for support and he will be served and ordered to test. Or she can do nothing and wait for him to file but she will not get support. In my state , support goes by how much time each parent has the kid so if the father shows up to court and says he wants visitation they will be referred to mediation. It's best to work wth him if he y want to see the kid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3grls1wildboy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM

so she can file wo a bc in hand ??bc take 3 to 4 weeks to get our state is awefull we went up there to just ask questions about paternity custody child support  and how to go about doing everything and they said even to talk to her she has to have ss card a bc ..so were confused ss card hospitalsais its 13 to 16 weeks to get ...

josiahmom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM

gl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN