Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to talk to someone about this. Possibly pregnant?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have kept this to myself for the last few months except for one friend who knows what is going on.  Maybe someone can advise me on what to do.

I have always been on time for my period, like clockwork, and it has been this way since I first got my period.  I remember my OB-GYN telling me that after I had my children my period would probably end up being irregular for a short time but it wasn't.  It went back to coming on a very consistent schedule.  In April after having sex I didn't get my period at all for two months, no bleeding at all.  I took a countless number of pregnancy tests all resulting in negatives.  I went to my general practitioner and they did a blood draw which was also negative.  I went on with my life thinking maybe there was some reason I didn't have my period and ignored feeling sick.  I brushed the feeling sick off as just being overtired and overworked.   The third month I had some bleeding...very light for two days and that happened on and off every month until last month and this month where I haven't had any bleeding at all.  

October came and I figured I'd find a new OB-GYN (since mine didn't have an appointment for weeks) just to get another Beta HCG.  When I went in for the results she said my HCG and Progesterone were very low but I had high testosterone levels and was diabetic.  So I got put on Metformin for the tesosterone levels and diabetes and she told me to prepare for a miscarriage.  Now...I hadn't had sex since March/April so I was extremely confused.  I also had gestational diabetes with my first two pregnancies and never in my life had high testosterone levels.  A few more weeks passed and I started feeling some movement in my stomach, which REALLY freaked me out.  It started off as just light flutters and has morphed into harder "kicks" I would say.  I called my new OB-GYN and she basically told me I was crazy, my progesterone and HCG weren't high enough to have a viable pregnancy, she wouldn't even SEE me in the office for an ultrasound or an exam... She brushed me off.  I called my old OB-GYN who had delivered my two girls and they STILL don't have any appointments available.  I don't even know what to think.  I've been feeling heartburn, which I never feel, still feeling the kicking/rolling sensations in my stomach which I highly doubt are gas and I'm just so suspicious that I can still be pregnant.  I've definitely gained weight and haven't changed the way I eat at all.  My upper stomach is high and is round but of course I never lost the tremendous amount of weight I gained with my youngest so I would probably just look fat if I was pregnant anyway.  When I stand up or lay down you can feel a hardness of my stomach as well. As of now I am treating myself as I am pregnant just in case.  The last thing I want is to be pregnant, not know it and have something happen.

What is everyone elses opinon? And please don't think I'm crazy! (I'm not that crazy! lol)

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM
go to an independent place and get an ultrasound. its like 70 bucks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitneymf
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM
I would do this.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMomKrissy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I was considering that, especially since one is opening in my town this weekend, but I wasn't sure if the price would be too high.  Thanks guys. :)

raegan1221
by Raegan on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I agree.

Quoting whitneymf:

I would do this.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

wow.. that's crazy. No advice here. Hope you find out sooner rather than later, for sure!

mamaoftwo2219
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Yes, I agree get an ultrasound done.Hope you're ok!
strngenough
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Yep ultrasound
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitneymf
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Let us know, when you find out what's going in! Good luck!!!

Quoting SuperMomKrissy:

I was considering that, especially since one is opening in my town this weekend, but I wasn't sure if the price would be too high.  Thanks guys. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)