Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not single, single moms?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am not actualy single, i have a long term partner (of 3 years) but we do not live together and he does not have a parenting role with my daughter. So i still consider myself a single mom because even tho i am not single relationship wise i am parenting alone. 

Are there any other moms who have a SO but are parenting solo?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Your a single mom. I dont think things would change until you were actually  married and living with someone that help with parenting needs.  Even when I was dating someone long term, I was still a single mom as I was raising my child by myself.

CaptainCookie
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I'm married but have been separated for months. So I'm not single but single. And I have a boyfriend and although he's been around my daughter, we don't live together and he doesn't play a parental figure in her life. And neither guy helps me financially so I would still consider myself to be a single parent.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

i actually am living with and pregnant by my SO. but i have two kids that arent his, i was single and raising them alone for 13 years and while i do have some support now, they arent his kids. so yes i am still a "single mom" when it comes to my two kids. maybe not as a dating status.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

I am a single mom, and just because they don't live with me I still have ties to them, whether seeing them or not.  They will always be my children and not some other woman's as my ex wants to think/believe or whatever other words he wants to use.

cshepard
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM
My bf moved in with us in April. We have no kids together, I have 2 by my ex and he has none. I consider myself a single mom bc although he loves them and is here for them he isn't their father. They have a father who I am divorced from. My bf does help with bills but most things for my kids are provided by me and child support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM
I'm in a similar situation. My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years, but we live 3 hours apart and don't coparent, don't mix finances, etc. My son is 8, and I was a single single mom prior to meeting my boyfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Yep. I was single 14 years and got married 2 years ago, but by agreement he doesnt help out or interfere with my parenting in any way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
josiahmom
by Michelle on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Me. but mine wont last long.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Me I was a living single married mom... Military spouse. He was gone a whole year came home cheated and left us with my married friend. She was the only one I found out about. Now I have a BF we dont live together and I only see him on the weekends due to our jobs. I live with my parents in an apartment upstairs, work full time and pay rent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)