Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you meet guys?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm a single mom, I work three jobs (legal secretary, massage therapist, and a liquor promotion sales model)

I'm tired of being single... I don't even neccesarrily want to have a boyfriend either, but I would love to start moving in that direction. 

Where do you meet guys? Guys with kids? How do you start conversations? How do you know when you meet a guy who has a kid, that he isn't with someone?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zacknalexmom
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I gave up meeting men. I've had no luck with the. I've been divorced and have met nothing but losers. Not even a potential descent guy. I tried the online dating thing but found nothing but weirdos,married men,men wanting sex,etc.. I'm out on all that. So I could careless for dating. It does get lonely at times but I think about my kids and put them 1st. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eviesmom453
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't. I have no desire to find a man. I've been single since I found out I was pregnant 9 years ago and I plan on keeping it that way.

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Bumping Cause I want to know also

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I stopped looking and had a plumbing issue and met the last guy I dated because he was my plumber lol didn't work I have a way of attracting guys who already have girlfriends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM
A few of my friends have met their now wives/husband's doing eharmony and match.com
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toughmama1
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I have the same problem

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I stopped looking and had a plumbing issue and met the last guy I dated because he was my plumber lol didn't work I have a way of attracting guys who already have girlfriends

mrsary
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM
At work
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Personally I haven't met anyone yet. I do have profiles on several dating sites but I just hid them so no one can view me. I think I started them because I THOUGHT I was ready but realize I am not.

Good luck in your search though!
steviechick
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I don't believe in finding somene on-line.  Too many to choose from and really, who wants to date like that?  Meeting up with a total stranger after you have e-mailed a frew times?  Yes, he's cute.  You are pretty, etc.  Who really wants to go through all that 'checking each other out' if we truly fit nonsense?  I don't want to find my next prince charming by having to go through a lot of guys and all this process of on-line dating.  Too much work and stress.  Don't need it. 

I plan on meeting my guy naturally.  By happenstance.  Someone you gradually get to know in person and spend time with because he either works in the same buillding as you or goes to the same gym as you, church, or other place you happen to spend a lot of time. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I've met some online, some thru friends, and some parents of kids at my sons school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)