Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

4yr old son pretends to be daddy

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:22 AM
  • 16 Replies
Sometimes my 4 yr old will pretend to be his father. He calls his 2 yr old brother booboo and littler one will even say "come here daddy" and he will say "what booboo" and go over. That used to be our nickname for my older son when he was a baby. I suppose my ex has started calling them that again. My ex has had mental issues the past year and i am filing to have him analyzed to see if it is ok for him to be around the boys.

If i were not worried for their safety, i would tell ex the boys miss him and suggest more time. I last saw him in court for cs and recommended no jail or probation because i understand he is not well. He was very rude, moving his chair away from me, getting angry that i dont give the boys to his parents, ans only thanked me grudgingly when the ada said i should.

It is very hard to co parent with him because he just directs me to his patents and his parents say they only want me to go through therm as well. I understand they enjoy making decisions for him but he is the father, not them.

Do you think my son is just playing a game? Am i being too harsh to ask that he be evaluated before any more visits?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That would aggravate me that they're making his decisions for him, if you're scared for the kids safety I'd deff ask for him to be evaluated first. I think your son is probably just playing a game, kinda like lil girls play house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:22 AM
My kids dad is involved they do play 'house' per say, and DS2 will call DS1 daddy and sometimes it will go on all day and even into the next.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Since he won't speak directly to me and used to agree with parenting decisions until they would step in and sit him down i never even know who is saying what. He even had his nasty gf text me pretending to be him. Then later she says no, its me but you should go.through me.

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

That would aggravate me that they're making his decisions for him, if you're scared for the kids safety I'd deff ask for him to be evaluated first. I think your son is probably just playing a game, kinda like lil girls play house

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Thank you! I am so glad to hear other kiddos do this. :)

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

My kids dad is involved they do play 'house' per say, and DS2 will call DS1 daddy and sometimes it will go on all day and even into the next.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM
That would aggravate me so bad, she shouldn't have a say in it, it's yours and his kids. They sound immature

Quoting ImaSoulMom:

Since he won't speak directly to me and used to agree with parenting decisions until they would step in and sit him down i never even know who is saying what. He even had his nasty gf text me pretending to be him. Then later she says no, its me but you should go.through me.

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I would have the ex analyzed fully before your kids are around him again.  My ex needs therapy.  In fact, if we had a second child and she/he was a minor, I would have my ex evaluated before he was allowed to have visitation rights. 

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I wouldn't get too worked up about the boys pretending as long as the play stays nice and their isn't anything being said you don't approve of.  As for their father , yes you should ask for him to be evauluated if you think something might happen to your children while with him, especially since you are stating he has mental issues and his parent make all his decision. I would really request supervised visits either in your presence or someone pointed by the courts, not his parents.

ImaSoulMom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Thank you. I know me asking for him to be evaluated will really make everyone angry but after spending several months in and out of the mental hospital, i get worried about him around the boys

Quoting steviechick:

I would have the ex analyzed fully before your kids are around him again.  My ex needs therapy.  In fact, if we had a second child and she/he was a minor, I would have my ex evaluated before he was allowed to have visitation rights. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Some days i get really frustrated! Going to court seems so extreme but i need to coparent with him and he and his parents are making it so hard.

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

That would aggravate me so bad, she shouldn't have a say in it, it's yours and his kids. They sound immature

Quoting ImaSoulMom:

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Thanks! I feel a lot better about my sons game. From what the lawyer said, he will begin with visits where he is supervised. Then he will be evaluated to see if he is ok around them.

Quoting victoriahearts:

I wouldn't get too worked up about the boys pretending as long as the play stays nice and their isn't anything being said you don't approve of.  As for their father , yes you should ask for him to be evauluated if you think something might happen to your children while with him, especially since you are stating he has mental issues and his parent make all his decision. I would really request supervised visits either in your presence or someone pointed by the courts, not his parents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)