Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I kinda let it happen and i dont feel bad!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
My girls are on Medicaid and have been since they were born (i work full time and have my own private ins). In the divorce it states my ex must provide insurance for them. He hasn't needed to because we always qualified for Medicaid. Well it was time for renewal and they sent me the forms. I got my papers together and filled them out. I told ex at least three times I needed his and for him to sign the application. He kept saying ok, ok, ok. The last time I reminded him I told him it would be the last and that I'm not his mother or gf and he needed to be responsible and if it got cancelled, it would be his fault. Well the date has passed to turn it in. Doesn't make a difference to me if they have Medicaid or not. I can afford deductibles from regular insurance but I know ex will struggle. I don't really feel bad for letting it cancel. I know he's gonna freak out tho!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strngenough
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM
3 moms liked this
He won't learn until it really hurts. My ex is the same. I'm exhausted from saving his ass. Good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ljanlin
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM

If you reminded him several times and then reminded him that it would be the last reminder, then I think that YOU did nothing wrong. HE didn't do the paperwork, so HE chose the outcome. When he freaks out, remain calm and say, "this was your choice". I bet it won't happen again. Sorry you'll have to put up with his anger. But he really did make this choice by not simply filling in the paperwork and getting it to you. Ofcourse, I'm sure you can reapply if he so chooses to cooperate now.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah we can reapply, but even if we do that, I'm going to leave it all up to him again. He was this way the whole time we were married, I had to do everything important myself. That's not my job anymore. I'm laughing a little on the inside. Hee hee hee!

Quoting ljanlin:

If you reminded him several times and then reminded him that it would be the last reminder, then I think that YOU did nothing wrong. HE didn't do the paperwork, so HE chose the outcome. When he freaks out, remain calm and say, "this was your choice". I bet it won't happen again. Sorry you'll have to put up with his anger. But he really did make this choice by not simply filling in the paperwork and getting it to you. Ofcourse, I'm sure you can reapply if he so chooses to cooperate now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Hopefully he steps up and takes care of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

thats his problem.

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see anything wrong with your decision.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont blame you. Hes a big boy and had enough notice, so let him suffer the consequences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you, there are consequences to inaction and if this is the only way he will learn then so be it.  Like you said you are not his mother and he told him plenty of times. 

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

except... now the kids arent covered if something happens? I know technically my CO says if he fails to carry insurance he is 100% responsible for their medical care, but pharmacies and Dr. offices dont care about CO.. they need the money or you dont get the care/medications.

I know what you mean though. That's how my ex has been with changing my son's last name.. he wanted it changed so bad, but it's been 4 years now and he hasnt gotten his shit together enough to actually make the change.. i refuse to do it for him. And now my son is old enough, he knows his name and doesnt want to change it so Im not going to make him use the new name if BD ever gets around to changing it.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM
No they are covered under his work insurance. We just weren't using it while they still had Medicaid. The only difference is now we will have to pay a copay at the Dr and pharmacy. Not that big of deal to me, but it will be for him.

Quoting PaperClip811:

except... now the kids arent covered if something happens? I know technically my CO says if he fails to carry insurance he is 100% responsible for their medical care, but pharmacies and Dr. offices dont care about CO.. they need the money or you dont get the care/medications.

I know what you mean though. That's how my ex has been with changing my son's last name.. he wanted it changed so bad, but it's been 4 years now and he hasnt gotten his shit together enough to actually make the change.. i refuse to do it for him. And now my son is old enough, he knows his name and doesnt want to change it so Im not going to make him use the new name if BD ever gets around to changing it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)