Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating while expecting

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
Ok im 6months n i hav been dating this guy for a month now bUt he has nothing y do i feel lik i need to be with hIm is it because im not with my babys father n i want him to replace him r is it because he didnt stop talking to me when i told him i was pregnant...he telling his family this is his baby but its not n they goin to b able to tell
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I don't know what to say. Why does he feel the need to lie? Cause he's embarrassed? He has to tell them the truth at some point. I wouldn't date if I was pregnant but that'me. Sounds like he is like a rebound for you. But if you guys feel it's right go for it but tell him to man up and not lie (though I can understand why he would).
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Why would he tell his family its his baby? Thats totally the wrong thing to do! You need to figure out how you feel about this guy, noone else can do that for you. If its just because you want a dad for the baby, thats a bad reason. If you care about him and he want to step up and be there to help you, thats different. Think about whether or not youd be with him if you werent pregnant and go with that. You can do this alone and dont need to settle for just any man so you wont be alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I think that you just need to sit down and think about all the reasons why you are with him and make sure its the right reasons to be in a relationship and maybe also discuss it with him.  Hugs!

strngenough
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I felt that need when my ex left. I wanted to not be alone during this. Once my bump actually popped I couldn't imagine dating or a strange guy touching my stomach. I'm 22 weeks now. I would like to date someday, but right now all I want is my kid to come home to no drama. Plus I thought there has to be something wrong with a guy who'd want to start up with me pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpop1980
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I'm 35 weeks and I couldn't imagine dating while pregnant, especially someone that tries to put a claim on something that isn't his, I've never seen a bigger red flag.  He is clearly trying to find the one thing that could control you, and it screams drama.

Kayere
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I dated while pregnant. Honestly it was a lot less helpful than it sounds. You want someone to help you with the experience and you just end up in a situation where you have someone NOT helping.. and no reason to bitch at him for it. He isnt helping you put the crib together? not his baby. Not helping you pick out clothes? Not his baby. Not going to doctors appointments? not his baby.

It's a lot more trouble than its worth... and they really never help or step up as much as they SAY they will : /

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I didnt date while pregnant. Didnt feel right to me.

strngenough
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Doesn't sound like anyone thinks its a good idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

This. I personally feel like its gross to date/sleep with a guy who is not the father of the baby you are carrying. I mean to each it's own but I just couldn't do it.

Quoting sarahmiamaria:

I didnt date while pregnant. Didnt feel right to me.

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

You are very emotionally right now, you are pregnant and your are not with the father of your child which I would assume bring on more emotions, right now is probably not the best time to date. Since finding out I was pregnant I kind of taking myself away from the dating scene it's a stress I didn't want while I was expecting.  Also it seem a little unusual that is telling his family , the child you are expecting is his.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)