Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Shocked by the emotion responce

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this
I took my son to see santa at the local fire department. He arrived on a lights flashing fire truck all of the kids went wild. As I watched him enter the fire house I was shocked to see tears well up in my eyes and the thought that came to me was shocking too. Its not fair. Most of tge other kids had both parents there. Mine just had me and my mom. My thought was this should be a family time his father should be here experiancing this too. He chose his mistress over his son. It shocked me to think that way. Its been a while since thoes feelings and thoughts came up. Just wish I had a"my" family again. husband kids Whole nine yards. Maybe santa will put that in motion for the next 5 years. Lol

Oh I forgot to mention the ex is military. Thats why im shocked at the responce being alone on the holidays was normal for 7 years.

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaverickMama
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Im in the same boat with my boys. Its just the 3 of us, at times i think that certain moments should be family moments. Then i remind myself that we make our own little family. My ex married the one he left us for and they are now out of state. So there is no daddy time for them either. Its tough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Lots of kids cry when they see santa lol. Its not fair that you cant experience things like that with bd, but you did experience it as a family. You and the child are a family - dont need a dad for that to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM
I know how you feel. Im alright most times. I go to things enjoy them with the girls. This year its hitting me bad. Me and the girls will prolly be facing homelessness next month. Their dad quit paying cs. He KNOWS i live too far from town and no vehicle to work. Its just cruel. My daughter was in a christmas play at church last sunday. While i helped kids with crafts and such and the fathers were being nice to me...i couldnt sit thru the play. It hurt me seeing all those dads there for their kids...so happy. My other dd wont voice it but she never wants to go to things where children have both parents. If its just all kids she goes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Hugs!

strngenough
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Well the firehouse is a good place to get one lol. ; )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raeann1984
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

hugs! im right there with you. its hard doing it alone especially when you Want that family unit. But your child didn't miss out at all - he had his mom and his grandma there. he had family. as much as i wish we could we can't make those fathers choose the right direction, or what we think is the right direction anyhow.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I understand where you are coming from. Holidays are tough, especially when are a single parent. *hugs* it'll get better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have gotten use to generally attending everything by myself for my son, soccer games where whole families would come out to watch, it was just be me for my son, same thing for basketballs games, school plays and son on. But I still haven't gotten use to doing the solo parenting during the holidays, it's hard, it hurts. 

Barblicious
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:55 AM

There are times that it does seem unfair like Christmas stuff or kid concerts etc where a lot of the other kids have "mom & dad" there, but it only seems unfair to me, I am sure my kid has no clue that there is anything "missing" because really nothing is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)