Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Help???

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey guys, so, I've begun talking to my teachers to try to finish school ASAP before the baby comes.... even though I'm only almost 5 weeks pregnant. Still, I want to be 100% prepared and done with school way before then so I can work to save up more money for my little one. My English teacher told me that if I write this huge paper on the pregnancy process and take a couple teststhen I can be done (don't worry- got it in writing!!! and even checked to make sure she can do that). Obviously, since I'm in an interesting situation, I am going to write about how the pregnancy is honestly going for me, how I was before pregnancy, how I've changed now, the thoughts/worries, the nesting, everything. Well, if I work on it the latest I would want it done is whe I would be 3 months pregnnt.

SO, I NEED YOUR GUYS' HELP PLEASE!!! BELOW IS MY SITUATION, IF YOU COULD PLEASE WRITE YOUR PREDICTIONS AS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN UP TO THE BABY BEING BORN, AND INCLUDE ANYTHING YOU THINK I SHOULD INCLUDE IN THE PAPER LIKE FINANCIAL STUFF OR ANTYHING THAT WOULD MEAN A TON TO ME! THANKS IN ADVANCE TO THOSE THAT ARE KIND ENOUGH TO RESPOND!

My situation: I dated this guy for 1 1/2 months before I found out I was pregnant. I mean, I wasn't estactic but I wasn't freaking out. He was a good guy, he would be there. Well, I told him and he cried.... which I guess is to be expected? Then he told me he was cheating on his FIANCE. Currently, his fiance knows about what happened and that I didn't know. She doesn't blame me and doesn't really seem mad at him.... just a little hurt. They BOTH want to be there for me and the baby and are both insanely protective over me and the baby.. especially since it's a high risk pregnancy. She's buying me a Christmas present- "What to Expect when You're Expecting" and I have no idea what he's gettng me or if he's included on that. He REALLY loves the baby and flipped when my friend joked around about abortion. He says whenever I get sick that the baby is mad or upset. If he rubbed my tummy and talks to the baby "it calms right down". It's almost like it already knows who daddy is (and it does NOT like other guys... like my current boyfriend) even though that sounds craz cuz i'm only 5 weeks.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CaptainCookie
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:02 AM

At this point nausea will come and go. Its to be expected no matter what. The baby isnt mad and making you sick. You're sick because your body is adjusting to the baby being there. All those extra hormones make you feel sick.

Do you feel calm when the babys father is rubbing your tummy? If so, then maybe your stomach feels calm because you do.

CaptainCookie
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM

It sounds lke a unique situation. Are you going to write about your boyfriend or the fiance of the father? Or are you just going to write about how your body is and what changes its making?

writerchick882
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Yes, i do feel calm when he does that. I'm going to write about everything- my boyfriend and the fiance of the father and the father and me and how people take it and school and work.... The whole experience. My boyfriend even mentioned writing little paragraphs every so often on the boyfriend's point of view, the father's point of view, or the fiance's point of view but I dont know yet. 

Quoting CaptainCookie:

It sounds lke a unique situation. Are you going to write about your boyfriend or the fiance of the father? Or are you just going to write about how your body is and what changes its making?

CaptainCookie
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I think the fathers point of view would be nice. You could have him write it in a different notebook. That way if you choose not to use it, you wouldnt have to.

Quoting writerchick882:

Yes, i do feel calm when he does that. I'm going to write about everything- my boyfriend and the fiance of the father and the father and me and how people take it and school and work.... The whole experience. My boyfriend even mentioned writing little paragraphs every so often on the boyfriend's point of view, the father's point of view, or the fiance's point of view but I dont know yet. 

Quoting CaptainCookie:

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

wow, confussing. with my firat i was size the whole preganacy, it wasn't fun. witht he second i was sick for the first 3months, i had to take iron with both but with the second the iron made me throw uo badly so i rarely took it and tried to eat red meat and spinach instead, but i was still aways low. babys change your body alot. one day you like the way you now and then you wake up and you have alil but and it just keeps frowing until its almost imposible to tie your shoes lol. youe emotions are all over the place too. its exciting but scary as hell to and don't think of giving birth cos you get really nervous when it comes to it, it isn that bad. you kinda don't care about all the pain once you see your baby,

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

i think you should include your feelings on being pregnant with another man's baby, knowing that you were the 'other woman' (after the fact), then having a boyfriend of your own... i think, with baby not being calm/not liking other guys- its just you getting tense around your BF. maybe not consciously, but i truly do think that.

also- are you writing about the future? your fears and hopes? being a single mother is HARD- add in the whole dating thing is even harder. i was a single mom for 2 years, then i met my BF.. we were together for 5 years and it took a LONG time for my son to meet him... sadly, we broke up about 2 weeks ago. my son is handling it pretty well, but at the same time, it drastically shifted our family dynamics- from the three of us, back to two of us, when truthfully- i dont even think DS remembers a time when it was just the two of us.

i think that you should include how much your baby is loved and wanted. it's coming from a very jerry springer like case (sorry)-- but look at how many people may be there, to welcome it into the world, to teach it all that they know... not only will it be mom and dad, but also their partners.. when in 'normal' situations- there's always issues... the new girlfriend hates the 'baby momma'... or the dad is just a POS deadbeat, etc... i will admit- your situation is one that i've never really been in.

financially- it'll be hard. i'm not sure if you're in college or high school... that holds a lot of difference. i had DS when i was a senior in high school-- many, MANY years later- i still have no idea what i want to do, adn while i did graduate from a technical school, well, my 'degree' is shit. lol .. not sure how it would've been, had i had him my senior year of college, ya know.

mentally- its something that you need to be ontop of. not only will you be a mother, you'll be a single mother... yes, you have your BF, but honestly, he's not obligated to be here for you. your child's father and his wife- hopefully they will be there, but they are a 'pair'.. when it comes to you, you're basically on your own. not trying to scare you, but its a lot of weight on a mother's shoulders... the weight of the world, literally-- your child's world is being held on your shoulders... and its a great honor to have that too. but its also a very scary thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN