Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little concerned...

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

My son is 13 months old and when he came home from his fathers last night he kept repeating "Spanking spanking, gonnna get a spanking". I am COMPLETELEY against giving him spankings.. I think it is so wrong to lay a hand on your child. And I know Jiovonni's father was talking about how it's ok but we agreed we wouldn't spank. Should I bring this up with his dad? Or just let it go because he's so young? I know this may sound a little silly but I'm just curious on your views. 

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I would try to bring it up in a way that doesn't make it sound like you are accusing him of doing so (which I know may be hard to do), and go from there.  Good luck!

Mommyandme878
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Thanks, I will try and do so. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM
I would just bring up what your son was saying and ask dad why he would be repeating that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I would casually ask him what form of punishment hes using and remind him of your agreement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilAsMom526
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I would bring it up if you're concerned about it. Good luck mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

13 months old tend to repeat what they hear.  I'm sure the ex said what he did and then spanked your son.  Did you see any marks on your son's body from spanking?   I would remind the ex that spanking isn't allowed. 

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I would bring it up in conversation but you can control what his dad does in his home. I was spanked and I lived. Spankings are supposed to be a rare punishment. Like if your kid runs into a busy street or something you swat their butt not beat their butt and 13 months is way too young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyandme878
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Thank You everyone for the advice.. I have spoken with Jiovonni's father and everything is fine. Jio had learned spanking from his cousin who gets spankings. (phew)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)