Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Confessions of a single mom

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm totally using my kid as an excuse to not go to a fee holiday parties or to just stop in

What's yours?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
mhaney03
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I also use them as an excuse to myself.. some days I'm just like "wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I DON'T WANNA GO TO TAEKWONDO" but then I think "well, the kids need the work on their forms for the upcoming test/tournament/whatever........."

workingmama86
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I use the "i don't have a sitter" excuse a lot! Or if I don't wanna talk on the phone, I say I'm very busy with the kids.. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I've used my daughter as an excuse to stand up a friend before.   I wasn't in the mood to give her any other reason.  LOL!

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I use him as an excuse to not do just about anything I don't want to. If I want out I'm just I need to spend more time with my son. I work full time and NEVER see him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM
3 moms liked this

I generally like to stick to my budget but there been this super expensive professional camera I been wanting to buy but I haven't because there no reason for it, I recently bought and my excuse was I need it for my son, to capture every special moment he has. I know I'm so full of it but that is what I will tell everyone when they asked why I bought such an expensive camera lol 

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I do that all the time ha!

Quoting KRIZZ25:

I TELL GUY I DOT LIKE I DON'T HAVE A BABY SITTER SO I CANT GO OUT WTH THEM .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zacknalexmom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I have used my kids to get out of invites to something thats not to appealing.

Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I'm 37 weeks pregnant today and I use it as an excuse to not meet guys I don't particularly wanna meet. Lol I tell them I'm either too tired or just don't have the time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaptainCookie
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I've actually told a guy that I couldnt date him because my daughter didnt like him. It was the truth though.

VADIVA23
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I dont involve my daughter for things personal I will if I cant make another excuse but usually Im a upfront person and I tell it like it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)