Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Pregnant and Alone

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 11 Replies
Im at an OB appointment today .... Seeing all of these pregnant women with their men by their side. I sit here alone. This makes me so sad.
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Just remember you will get through this.  Ask a friend to come with you next time. 

Lexx95
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You Not Alone I Was Alone&&Still Is...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinky_00
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with Stevie. I always had family with me at my appts & it helped me through my pregnancy
strngenough
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I've gone to all mine alone. For my next ultrasound my friend is going with me and we are pretending she's my lover lol. Why not have fun with it? But just remember those women go home and have to clean up after, cook for, put up with, and listen to those men whine. I leave, eat where I want for lunch, come to my quiet house, and I'm greeted by my sweet dogs that are so excited I'm back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slovette
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Where do you live?

mila19
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Thats me.

Quoting Lovetofysh:

Im at an OB appointment today .... Seeing all of these pregnant women with their men by their side. I sit here alone. This makes me so sad.

baby_boy2012
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM

For one you're not alone, you have your baby with you! Don't be sad about what others have, you never know what their situation is and no couple is perfect.  

It was just my baby and me throughout my pregnancy and I was SO excited about being pregnant and the thought of my baby period that not having the sperm donor around didn't take away from my happiness. My focus was my son and making sure all was ok for the two of us . He's now 10 months and it's still just him and me . I prefer that many times over having a man by my side who's not worth our time. Now if someone comes along who can contribute to our happiness and not take from it- welcome.

So don't be sad. Surround yourself with family and friends who are happy for you and your angel and if company will make you feel better during your Dr visits, then take one of them with you.

HUGS!

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Even when I was married I went to every appt alone. I was lucky he showed up at the delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovetofysh
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Im in Tallahassee, Florida. There arent many single mom groups that I can find here.
VincentsMum
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I went through the same thing...when I was 5months pregnant, my sons father realized things were getting real and kicked me out on the streets....trust me, it gets better....Im not sugarcoat it, it doesn't exactly get easier, but it gets better, especially when you have your baby and you get spend every moment with him, watch him grow, see his smiling face every morning as soon as you wake up, know that he loves more than any "man" ever could, and know that since his father walked out on you, that means YOU get every moment and every once of love all to yourself!! and trust me, thats one of the greatest blessing of all time!! good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)