Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pissed off. I think im doing whats best?

Posted by   + Show Post

im kayla. im 20. i have 2 children my son will be 2 in febuary and my daughter just turned 5 months. they have the same dad. we were on and off for 4 years(abusive relationship). we split when i was about 2-3 months pregnant with my daughter because we were fighting that hed rather waste his money on his boys and fetting high then taking me to the doctor well he got mad and i was holding my son and threw me into a wall. i was still holding my son. i left a week later. as soon as i could. then when i was about 6-7 months preganant we were trying to make it work. he was not there my whole pregnancy with my daughter was not there when i delivered or anything. so about 7 months ago i quit hearing from him. i was told once my daughter was born there had to be 6 months no contact to get his rights removed. well today he texted me! he said. "hey its sonny. how are you? how are our beautiful children? i bet Damian is huge and i bet our daughter is beautiful. what is her name?" i replied "MY children are beautiful and doing amazing no thanks to you. bye"  i mean should i try and talk to him? im mad he even contacted me! he has done nothing not even bought one box of wipes since my son was 8 months!!!! he knew my due date, my daughter is 5 months and just now contacting me like he cares! i mean im just to the point now i no longer miss him or feel i need him! hes never offered to even help financially nor has he seen them. i think he expects me to run back to him. but for what? for him to beat me? to controll me? possibly hurt my kids?




also how do i go about filing for abandonment, full custody, rights removal, child support?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Replies (21-21):
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I just meant that having sole custody does mean you are giving up rights to child suppor (unless someone else adopts)

Quoting kagegirl:

True, not every state. But they aren't friggin paying any way. And by not giving parental rights, and the mere fact that non payment of child support really carries no consequences, this usually means they have carte blanche to just fuck with the mom anytime they want.

Quoting conniejo75:

Not in every state. Otherwise dead beat Dads would just give up rights.

Quoting kagegirl:

If you move for removal of parental rights, that severes your right to child support.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN