Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

friends with benefits? really? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 23 Replies
So i have been talking to this guy for awhile. He automatically assumed i was his gf the first day we met. Made me a little uncomfortable but i decided to give it a shot. He keeps telling me loves me and all this. I admit i did say it back a few times but i honestly dont like him in that way. I gave it a month and a half to see if my feelings would change but they didnt. I didnt want to lead him on anymore than i already have so i called him up tonight to talk. Told him i just want to be friends. I wont get into the whole convo but he is trying to turn the tables on me and said we could be friends with benefits. I told him again that i just want to be friends. We barely know each other and i feel like we are rushing into something and i hate that feeling. How hard is it to understand that i just want to be friends? Aint that fucking hard! Idk what else to say or do. He is super sweet but i dont have that spark so to speak. What you ladies do if you were in my situation?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms.momo3
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM
7 moms liked this
Just cut him out completely. Those kind of guys wont ever understand. At least from my experience.
armyvet06
by Ashley on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Im trying but its hard for me. I have a mental disability which makes it extremly hard for me to do a lot of things. One is letting go of things and people.

Quoting ms.momo3:

Just cut him out completely. Those kind of guys wont ever understand. At least from my experience.
soulofsunmama
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM
I wouldn't tel him you love him back, that's for sure,lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Ashley on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Believe me, im kicking myself for it now.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

soulofsunmama
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama, I think we've all been there at some point,lol, just stick.to.your boundaries, even if you come off blunt, callous, cold or rude
Quoting armyvet06:

Believe me, im kicking myself for it now.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Youve told him what you want now its up to him to deal with it. Cut him off and dont return his texts or calls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Agreed with the above.  

stace101
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Do whatever u can to get rid of him. He's basically JUST ANOTHER BOY who won't accept what u want (and won't take no for an answer). As far as I'm concerned boys like that need to be got rid of quickly. I know it's not easy (especially for you by the sound of it) but, if necessary, get a mate involved so that she is aware of the problems he's causing you. However you do it, DUMP him on his ass quick!

armyvet06
by Ashley on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Oh i just told him we are done. He is still insisting. But im standing my ground and firmly telling him no.

Quoting stace101:

Do whatever u can to get rid of him. He's basically JUST ANOTHER BOY who won't accept what u want (and won't take no for an answer). As far as I'm concerned boys like that need to be got rid of quickly. I know it's not easy (especially for you by the sound of it) but, if necessary, get a mate involved so that she is aware of the problems he's causing you. However you do it, DUMP him on his ass quick!

mysty923
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I know a man exactly like that

He actually preys on women like you

He will never stop if you don't and it sounds like you can't

I am sorry - you will probably be stuck forever

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)