Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Getting divorced

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 11 Replies

My name is Jessica. I'm 19 years old. My son's dad is almost 21. We got married when I was 17 and he was 18. Three months after our wedding, I got pregnant. Things went good until May of this past year. In May, he told me that he didn't love me anymore and that he no longer wanted to be married to me. He moved out and went to live with his parents. I filed for custody of my son and got it. In June, he decided he wanted to come back home. We decided we would try to save our marriage. Then, in September, he told me he couldn't stay with me anymore because he didn't love me. I found out he was having an affair with a 16 year old girl. He got her pregnant but she had a miscarriage. Now we are going through a divorce. I was hurt so much when it first happened. I have slowly gotten better. If anyone else is going through a situation kind of like this, I would like to know how you've handled it and your feelings. Thank you.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww I'm sorry! That's a tough situation. My ex fiance (not my sons biological dad but the guy that he considered dad) left me for another girl. He claimed that all of a sudden it was too much for him right now and blah blah but it was such a coincidence that he had just started talking to his first love or whatever (from online mind you, never had even met) that he decided that. So I moved home and he assured me he just needed a break well a year later they were married and had a little girl. I loved him so much, more than my ex husband even. I still have days like earlier tonight I was thinking about him and maybe if I did this different or that different we'd still be together. but it gets easier, you move on. My advice is to try to keep yourself as busy as possible, the less you think about him the better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Welcome to the group. Its tough and it takes alot of time and tears, but you will get over it and move on. Focus on bettering yourself and your childs life and keep busy so you dont sit around moping. You are strong enough to do what you have to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemyson93
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I think that way too. I am trying to keep myself busy. I am in a pharmacy tech class right now and I'm enrolled in college for the spring semester. I'm just focusing on giving me and my son a good life. I cried a lot when it first happened and I was so angry. He left me for the 16 year old girl. They broke up now though and she apparently went back to her ex.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Welcome Jessica!  I'm sorry things didn't work out in your marriage.  (((hug)))

Quoting ilovemyson93:

My name is Jessica. I'm 19 years old. My son's dad is almost 21. We got married when I was 17 and he was 18. Three months after our wedding, I got pregnant. Things went good until May of this past year. In May, he told me that he didn't love me anymore and that he no longer wanted to be married to me. He moved out and went to live with his parents. I filed for custody of my son and got it. In June, he decided he wanted to come back home. We decided we would try to save our marriage. Then, in September, he told me he couldn't stay with me anymore because he didn't love me. I found out he was having an affair with a 16 year old girl. He got her pregnant but she had a miscarriage. Now we are going through a divorce. I was hurt so much when it first happened. I have slowly gotten better. If anyone else is going through a situation kind of like this, I would like to know how you've handled it and your feelings. Thank you.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

For a 21 yr old man, I really have to give him praise for wanting to work it out.  My ex was much older and walked out, it took a 1 yr to finalize our divorce.  He wasn't even willing to talk about anything he said to me that made it hurt me.

ilovemyson93
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Yeah... My son doesn't know him very well anymore. He cries every time he has to go over there. I just wish he would have been able to step up and take care of his family but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I believe God has much better things in store for me.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama welcome to the group!

mammakatey
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Wow I am going through pretty much the same situation as you. Expect my guy cheated on me with alot more girls. But yes he basically at the end when I was 8 months pregnant told me he didnt love me anymore We were toxic to each other. and now I found out just tonight that in the fall time he thought his new girlfriend was pregnant. I dont know if she still is or not...and of course im upset and pissed. i dont really have advice to give you because I need advice too lol. the only thing I can tell you. Is you are not alone. There is other Women that are going through the same exact thing or similar stories. that is what I have found out by going through this. and its kinda nice to know that some women know what im going through. Hang in there. I know its Tough. xoxo

ilovemyson93
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Thank you. :) It's good to know I'm not alone. It felt like there was something wrong with me when it first happened but I've come to realize it was him, not me.

Quoting mammakatey:

Wow I am going through pretty much the same situation as you. Expect my guy cheated on me with alot more girls. But yes he basically at the end when I was 8 months pregnant told me he didnt love me anymore We were toxic to each other. and now I found out just tonight that in the fall time he thought his new girlfriend was pregnant. I dont know if she still is or not...and of course im upset and pissed. i dont really have advice to give you because I need advice too lol. the only thing I can tell you. Is you are not alone. There is other Women that are going through the same exact thing or similar stories. that is what I have found out by going through this. and its kinda nice to know that some women know what im going through. Hang in there. I know its Tough. xoxo

eb13
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't blame yourself because he can't step up to the committment he made. I am glad you realize it was a problem in him to make these poor choices. You are definitely not alone....hang in there. You will heal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)