Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Starting over

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM
  • 4 Replies
Ok I lost my husband 6 years ago. Well about 1 1/2 later I thought I was ready to date again and man was I wrong.. But I had family telling me to get back out there and to live my life the way my husband would of wanted me to.. Well I went out on some dates but just didn't feel like I was really ready to but now that I'm really ready I feel lost like where do I start? I was married for 10 and a half years and together 12 so I need some suggestions about how to get back out there and find a good man again! Any would help and be nice to hear how to get back out there thanks ladies 😃
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group. You could try online dating. Or have someone set you up. Church is also a good place. Its easy to meet men just about anywhere if youre the friendly, outgoing type. Dating hasnt changed that much. Kinda like riding a bike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Welcome!  I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband.

Quoting Lynnie68:

Ok I lost my husband 6 years ago. Well about 1 1/2 later I thought I was ready to date again and man was I wrong.. But I had family telling me to get back out there and to live my life the way my husband would of wanted me to.. Well I went out on some dates but just didn't feel like I was really ready to but now that I'm really ready I feel lost like where do I start? I was married for 10 and a half years and together 12 so I need some suggestions about how to get back out there and find a good man again! Any would help and be nice to hear how to get back out there thanks ladies 😃

LilAsMom526
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Online dating is a start or just go out. Popular online dating start is eharmony or match.com good luck darling [: sorry about your husband. How did you two meet? Maybe the place you met like if it was at a church or at a bar you could start there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Sorry to hear you lost your husband.  Getting back in the dating scene after a short time can be difficult.  Wishin you the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)