Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is Santa real mom??

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM
  • 5 Replies

My 10 yr old son says to me while we were walking today..Is Santa real mom? I didn't know what to say, so I asked him what do you think? He said I think he is real, but my friends say he isn't. I have 3 younger children ages 3,8,and9. I really don't want to spoil it. Also if he really does still believe, I don't want to be the one to stop him from believing. I think it keeps kids innocent. I just don't know what to say to him. He's such a sweet little boy. He will be 11 in Feb. He hasn't been getting along well with his father, and I just feel like it will ruin his Christmas.

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
strngenough
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM
I'd be worried about him getting picked on at school at this age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Youngmother456
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM

He has to learn sometime that Santa is a mythological person and that he represents the "spirit of giving and family". Also you can make it fun for him to keep it secret and play along with the little ones. Maybe this year get him some boots and flour and let him "set up" the room for the little ones.

Unless he is very sensitive then maybe wait until after the holidays and tell him not to talk about it at school

ChgIsGood2012
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Youngmother456:

He has to learn sometime that Santa is a mythological person and that he represents the "spirit of giving and family". Also you can make it fun for him to keep it secret and play along with the little ones. Maybe this year get him some boots and flour and let him "set up" the room for the little ones.

Unless he is very sensitive then maybe wait until after the holidays and tell him not to talk about it at school

I think this would be a great way to explain it to your son, since he has begun to ask. My son stopped believing about 2 years ago - it was kind of funny how he found out. I've never really been into Santa. My mama was 'Santa.' Anyway, my son's paternal family does a lot of Christmas festivities, and they told him that Santa would come and eat up the Christmas cookies in the middle of the night. So the night before, my son went to sleep but woke up in the middle of the night and saw his dad eating cookies! Since then, he knew Santa wasn't real! LOL

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Believe and always a Santa is real. 

raegan1221
by Raegan on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Aww...I think you handled it right in asking him what he believed...that's what I'd do. He's probably getting to an age where everyone is telling him that Santa isn't real.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)