Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child Support

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM
  • 7 Replies
My ex was garnished Wednesday for $1100 and I spent about $300 on Lego city stuff, lol. He promised my son a bunch of Legos in July for his birthday and it never came. My DS was devastated and heartbroken for almost two months straight after checking the mail after school. He cried when I would tell him there was no parcel pickup notice.

It's my first CS payment I've seen since June. I bought DS a bunch of onesies (size 7) from Osh Kosh/ Carter's too. I think I bought all the size 7s lol! He has the spaceship one and practically lives in it!

I'm just so grateful I have this money since he lied to my son and it actually deeply affected him this time. I fucking loathe him for doing that to DS. So I made sure I made up for that. If I can, I'm going to buy some of the Lego ninjago stuff as well. He has almost all the Lego city kits!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I'm glad you got the support check and are able to make up for your ex's deficiencies in caring for your son.  :)

Mocking.Jay
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Me too. I don't even feel bad. All I could think of "I PROMISE, buddy. This year is gonna be different." Yeah, this year was different. He actually verbally promised my son and he's now old enough to know what a promise is. It was sickening to see my son cry after checking the mail.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm glad you got the support check and are able to make up for your ex's deficiencies in caring for your son.  :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:48 PM
You are an awesome mom. Good for you and them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Raegan on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
Mocking.Jay
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Thank you. :') I was able to even buy him his prescription for Singulair since AANAC doesn't cover it anymore. It's so fucking stupid. They will cover pills so my people back home can abuse them and take them with booze but they won't fucking cover a child's asthma meds. >:( I'm gonna claim that prescription on the recalculation for next year. The least my ex can do is pay for my son's medical expenses. He promised he would put my DS on his dental premium but that never went through because he quit before I was able to even question him. I'm going to ask him if he can put him on his premium with his new shit-shovelling job. Tee hee.

Quoting strngenough:

You are an awesome mom. Good for you and them.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM
That's great I'm glad your son got his legos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Me too. If this hadn't have happened, he would have maybe gotten two or three sets, but me and my dad "competed" in buying the most sets. He isn't getting any doubles, so that's pretty good! He has pretty much every Lego City set except for the harbor, the gold mine and city garage. He has everything else.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

That's great I'm glad your son got his legos

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)