Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sometimes I hate being a single Mom

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM
  • 15 Replies
I know It's not fun saying but It's how I feel. I am 6 months pp and almost everyday is a struggle emotionally. Luckily I live with my parents and are helping me woth what theu can. But I can't help feeling like a prisoner. I find myself mourning mhavy old life. Last year I made the stupid decision of having sex with a guy I was just having sex with. Next thing I know I'm pregnant, I was going to abort, but couldn't. I wanted to place my son up for adoption but being Mexican, my mom and I had a bight fight about it....so I kept the baby. Now I have a guy who wants to be part of my son's life and sadly mine...Sometimes I want to sever all contact but he helps me by giving me money. I honestly became the thing I always secretly bashed. No one understands how hard It is for me to be a single mom. I cry almost every night, some days are good and some are not so good. I cry because I feel I can't do anything....Can't go out...(I'm not a party person) but just being in the outside world...I'm still adjusting and I wish I did things differently....I feel my whole life I will have to explain how I became a single Mom to people and It sucks. Life became harder and lonelier...I feel no one understands me, and If I try explaining myself I just get judged or lectured. I always said IF I have a kid with someone I loved...but I screwed myself over. I love my son but sometimes I wish It was just me again.
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bells2000
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this
hugs

sometimes i wish i was a single mom. i know its not much help, but i just wanted to send hugs and a bump.

im not sure why you must explain being a single mom? i might be wrong, but i think the people that should know probably already know...i.e. your mom, etc.. anyone else, it shouldnt be their buisness. not every bf needs to know. just maybe the one you might meet and marry ( if its what you want)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bells2000
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:26 AM
oops. sorry saw this in my recent posts and thought it was a group im in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Danglmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I am sorry.  Once the baby is here maybe things will feel different for you.  I know it is hard but when I hear the twins laugh or giggle or get excited about things it makes me happy and I really cannot fathom the idea of living without them.   I hope things get better for you it sounds like you have a good support system.  Don't worry about explaining yourself to people it's none of their business.  

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Its hard being a single mom, but you are and you've got to do what you have to do to make a good life for you and the baby. The guy is more than a source of income, he is the babys daddy and youve got to keep your feelings about him out of the relationship between him and the baby. You would probably get alot of help from counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

If you say you can't.  Next time say you 'can".

Saphira1207
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You sound depressed.  I suggest you look into counseling.  There are a lot of places that take all insurances, including medicaid, and some will even do a payment plan.

Also, see if you can find a part time job.  Having the income and time away from the baby will help you feel more grounded in the outside world.

stephryc
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I just want to start off by saying you never HAVE to explain to anyone how you became a single mom. I just say things didn't work out, or something to that effect. It gets a little better as they get older. That I can say from my own experience. It is hard, and it is a struggle. Some days are better than others. If nothing else at least know you don't have to tell anyone anything you don't want to!

PoplarGrove
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:27 PM

First off...go to a clinic and see a doctor.  It sounds like you have depression  and no matter how great things are when you have depression life will still feel horrible to you.  

Your child's father isn't "helping" you by giving you money...it's his resposibility as the child's father to pay child support.  Never forget that and never let him make you feel like he's "helping" you.  He's doing what's required morally and legally.  

I felt the same as you.  Like my life isn't my own and I'm in charge of these little people 24/7 (I have 4 daughters) and I never get a break.  then I met some awesome people who let me see that it really does take a village to raise a child.  If you need a break let people know.  I promise you'll likely be pleasently surprised by the help you will get.  

And you don't have to tell anyone the story of your child's conception.  Simply, "his father and I are no longer together"  It doesn't matter that you were only together for a few hours, lol.  It's no one's business how your little one was brought into this world but yours and his.  

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:30 PM
how come u cant go out once in wile? can u get a baby sitter?at least u have a guy.i been single 7 years.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)