Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sometimes I hate being a single Mom

Posted by   + Show Post
I know It's not fun saying but It's how I feel. I am 6 months pp and almost everyday is a struggle emotionally. Luckily I live with my parents and are helping me woth what theu can. But I can't help feeling like a prisoner. I find myself mourning mhavy old life. Last year I made the stupid decision of having sex with a guy I was just having sex with. Next thing I know I'm pregnant, I was going to abort, but couldn't. I wanted to place my son up for adoption but being Mexican, my mom and I had a bight fight about it....so I kept the baby. Now I have a guy who wants to be part of my son's life and sadly mine...Sometimes I want to sever all contact but he helps me by giving me money. I honestly became the thing I always secretly bashed. No one understands how hard It is for me to be a single mom. I cry almost every night, some days are good and some are not so good. I cry because I feel I can't do anything....Can't go out...(I'm not a party person) but just being in the outside world...I'm still adjusting and I wish I did things differently....I feel my whole life I will have to explain how I became a single Mom to people and It sucks. Life became harder and lonelier...I feel no one understands me, and If I try explaining myself I just get judged or lectured. I always said IF I have a kid with someone I loved...but I screwed myself over. I love my son but sometimes I wish It was just me again.
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Replies (11-15):
OneofaKIM
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Thank you all. Well his dad was just a fling, after awhile he wanted to be more but honestly I don't love him. He's nice and all but I'm not attracted to him...(Ironic). Thi is when ppl tell me well why'd u sleep with him. I think i do need to go back on antidepressant pills and seek counseling.
richsinglemomma
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Forgive yourself sweetie. You made a choice that has a permanent consequence but it does not have to be a life sentence. You have the power to make this a good thing in your life. You do not have to answer to anyone about how you became a single mom. It's none of their business. It's probably easier said than done but it's not an impossible situation. 

Look at your baby as a miracle and opportunity to love more than you have ever loved before. Accept the help from his father but be clear about how you feel. 

One thing I've learned is I don't have to explain or ask for permission to do anything because I am respoinsible for the consequences. That is a sign of maturity. 

Give yourself a break and find one positive thing today. You will be alright as long as you begin looking at the positive side of life.

Samantha Gregory
A veteran single mom - Ask me anything

OneofaKIM
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 5:39 AM
Thank you. Last night his dad texted me he has feelings for me. I havr become clear ovet and over again, im thinking of erasing him out of life. It's annoying me and honestly I don't want to hurt his feelings.
steviechick
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome to the group.  It's normal to be depressed sometimes and be simply overwhelmed.  We are a great support group.  Take time out for yourself.  You need it.

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you need to find someone outside your family and circle of friends to talk to, a professional that you can be honest with, that wont judge you and will help you learn to cope with some of what you are feeling. Being a single mom  is hard, being a mom period is hard even those who planned a child find themselve struggling to deal with the changes, seek out help and you may find that you feel better after you start unloading some of those feelings. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN