Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anybody else live with their parents?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 35 Replies

I live with mine AND my grandmotherand honestly sometimes they drive me CRAZY!!

I can't stand all the crap food and crap toys they give to her UGH so annoying!! Anybody else have this problem? 

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I do but don't have that problem at all. I lived with my parents until my son was 8, moved out and am back again due to unforeseen circumstances. My son is now 16. I had parents that knew I was my sobs mom and I made the rules and consequences. The biggie- my mom spanked and I don't. She learned quickly to never spank my son. As for food, if you don't like what's there BUY YOUR OWN. Or do whatever needed to move out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Been in my own place since I was 18 and i'm 31 now...I know how that can be cause I had to stay with mine for a week and it like to have killed me...Hopefully you get your own place soon...

josiahmom
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I do. I live my mom and sister and brother. I hate it.  I havethat issue. I get no private time.

rachel216
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

i live with my dad and brothers..i dont really have an issue with the toys they give my girls bc all the toys they have i got lol but as for the food they totally give in just so they dont have to hear them cry! it totally pisses me off but when they do that after dinner i dont give them desert they just get in the bath then bed. so thats how i deal with that. im also working on moving into an income based apartment! maybe you can look into that as well?? i understand where your comming from tho just try and explain to them that they cant be doing this and why its upseting you? good luck

Danglmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Yes I do!!  My parents are amazing with my twins but my mom has the tendency to criticize everything I do.  It is hard a lot of the time because I love my mom and it hurts to be criticized, especially when all I do is work, come home and clean.  When I feel overhwelmed I try to focus on all the positives.  

toughmama1
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I do buy all my own food, and all her food, but its hard to get them to feed that to her. They would rather give her food thats filled with chemicals and crap

My grandmother even makes faces when I feed my daughter vegetables!

I am looking into getting my own place, right now I have so many expenses and my daughter's father doesn't help out with much so I'm pretty much doing it all on my own. The income based apartments that I've seen aren't really the best place for a single mother with a three year old. I'm still going to look into more though. 

Teenmommy1119
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I am an only child. And I live with my parents with my son. I appreciate everything they do for me. I'd be out on the street if they didn't help me, not to mention probably crazy by now since I'm a single mom but Im not because of them. The only thing that makes me upset is my mom telling me how to raise my son, but I deal with it because we come to compromises since I am under her house. But I still raise my son as I please lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PNK2012
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I am living with my mother we do not have a good relationship. She is old school parenting and feels children have no voice. They should be seen and not heard. For example monday through friday is hecticgetting to work and school. So on saturdays i ensure that i ask them what they want for breakfast. My mom believes you dont ask  a child what they want to eat you just give them something to eat and when they dont eat it you yell at them. We definitely dont have the same parenting skills which makes it hard. My son Nathaniel can be quiet challenging and my mother is too hard on him with discipline. I do my best and just stay out of her way. We live in a 5 bdr 2 bath we are downstairs and try to ensure limited access time with all of us upstairs. I am looking to move next year to Florida with God grace.

pupdogtails2008
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I moved back after my divorce for 3 months. But they didn't spoil my son. They refused to babysit, I had to cook and clean as rent (no problem I was grateful for the place) but they never helped out. If I was cooking everyone's dinner and my son needed something, I had to do it. Like I said, thankful for the place, sad my parents are so mean to my son and I.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I lived with mine a couple of times while my kids were growing up. Its hard, but you have to make it clear that youre mom and only you make the kids rules. Instead of letting it drive you crazy, just be thankful you have family that helps you out and be grateful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)