Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New mom question: baby sitters?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok know up front I have zero family and friend help. Unreliable ex help. How do babysitters work? Like if I want to go take an hour long fitness class a couple times a week. Can a newborn or baby hangout? Like sit in stroller with toys? Do I need a babysitter for it? How do you find one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mandi0913
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Go to Angies list.com. there you will find a great sitter with experience,references and back round check. You probably could take your baby however youd have to stop your class a few times to take.care of baby just get sitter and enjoy your class and you time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Is it normal to just need one for two hours twice a week? Do they have babysitters who do that or do they expect a minimum? I know this seems stupid to ask, but I honestly am 29 and have no idea how the kid thing works.

Quoting mandi0913:

Go to Angies list.com. there you will find a great sitter with experience,references and back round check. You probably could take your baby however youd have to stop your class a few times to take.care of baby just get sitter and enjoy your class and you time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandi0913
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Im 28 and yes they have them. Theres lots of wonderful people on there and some are hired for just 2 hrs a week so mom can run errands and whatever else she needs to do without haveing to drag kids out with her. Look into it I think you'll be surprised.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Some fitness places have a daycare section just for that.  Maybe a fee for it, but it's probably worth it.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Many gyms will have a child care area where you can drop baby off while you take your class or get your workout in.  I don't think it would be safe for baby to sit in the actual gym though.  I think most have an age limit as well of about 6 weeks old or older.

strngenough
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:17 PM
That's not bad. It's for Krav Maga classes. They won't have baby sitting, but no way ill be ready for krav in 6 weeks lol.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Many gyms will have a child care area where you can drop baby off while you take your class or get your workout in.  I don't think it would be safe for baby to sit in the actual gym though.  I think most have an age limit as well of about 6 weeks old or older.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Raegan on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:48 PM

A lot of times the gyms have daycares there that you can use..but I agree with a pp..I'd go to Angie's list. Good Luck:)

AmyG1976
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

my dd and my sister work in a gyms nursery, everyone I ever joined (at least 10 over the past 20 yrs) you cant keep baby or even have baby in the gym part at all too risky too dangerous for baby find a gym with a nursey check it out some are good some are nasty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)