Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

i was wondering how?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:49 PM
  • 11 Replies

please no bashing.im just wondering how many gifts do you get your kids for christmas? do you make sure they have the same amount? do you get them 4 gifts for each child? or 10? the reason why i am asking a friend of mine does.she makes sure her kids gets the same amount of gifts.she says she doesnt want to see if one gets done opening gifts watch the other child still getting gifts.so how many gifts do you get for your kids?

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kels1023
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I still have a few months before my son is born, but I think that's how I'll do it when I have multiple children.  Growing up my mom made sure my sister and I both had the same number of gifts, so neither one of us felt left out.  when you're a kid you don't understnad that things cost different amounts, so while you may have spent the same amount on one childs 3 gifts as you did on the other childs 5 all they see is that their brother or sister got more presents.  Also, I think the amount you buy them is up to you and what your budget allows.  Every family is different :)

baseballmom5416
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Quoting kels1023:

I still have a few months before my son is born, but I think that's how I'll do it when I have multiple children.  Growing up my mom made sure my sister and I both had the same number of gifts, so neither one of us felt left out.  when you're a kid you don't understnad that things cost different amounts, so while you may have spent the same amount on one childs 3 gifts as you did on the other childs 5 all they see is that their brother or sister got more presents.  Also, I think the amount you buy them is up to you and what your budget allows.  Every family is different :)

very true..i do have brothers and sister but they were already moved out and married when i born..so i was the only one at home.but still i understand what you are saying..

lydi
by Lydi on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I only have 1 dd so she gets as much as my budget allows.  My nieces get equal value but I do try to make the number of gifts equal.

kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I only have 1 now but when I do have more ill do the same amount of gifts until they're old enough to understand if one gets less but more expensive stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

My kids get the same amount of gifts. This year it is 3 toys each, 2 movies, one is getting pants and the other is getting a pair of boots and Santa is bringing us a Wii (with a game for each of the kids). It is a small Christmas for us but it's all I could afford and the Wii is a really big deal. We have never had any type of gaming system and the kids are going to flip!! When the kids get older I will spend the same amount of money on them but at this age (8 & 6), its about the same number of presents.

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM

I only have one so I pretty much get what my budget allows, but she always gets tons of stuff from my parents and my sister also... My daughter is a mainly straight A student so I try to get everything on her wish list, which usually is not long but can have some expensive items on it or instance this year she wants a portable PSP 3000 and Zelda Phantom Hourglass by Nintendo...I call it rewarding her working hard and making good grades

beach40
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I try to spend the same amount.   Mine are 8 years apart so my son100 boots buys a ton of lip gloss, barbie dresses ect. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I only have one child so I don't really have to match it with any other children, but if I did I would try and match the number of gifts.  When we were little thats what my parents did.

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I only have one so it's much easier for me, I get my son one big gift and a few little gifts, and then he of course gets more gifts from my ex. So my son definitely gets spoiled begin an only child and having divorced parents. I do usually get my nieces and nephews two gifts each, one gift is a toy and the other one is clothing there parents request. 

Sara0113
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I have three kids and I do try to keep it kind of the same.  This year they are all getting a new bike and then a few smaller gifts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)