Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So what happens???

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

If the CSED can never catch up to the father 2 serve him papers like what happens???Long story short, I gave the CSED 2 possible addresses I knew he could be at (one his brother's address). His brother told the server "he hasn't been here in over a week & don't come back here!"---really wtf they do that at?!?!?!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Does he have a job? If he does they can locate him through his taxes he has to file then serve him at his job. If not, there is not much they can and will do until he surfaces but why bother if he doesn't have a job and can't pay anyway. I know it must be tough without his help, but it's best to always find a way to support yourself without his help since BDs can be unreliable. You can hire a PI but that can get expensive on your part and you probably won't make that money back in cs. You could ask the courts to grant you the money back from BD that you had to spend on it but they might not say yes. It's a tough situation and one mothers (and custodial fathers) shouldn't have to go through.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Once they serve him, he will probably have court ordered dns test unless his name is on the bc or he signs an acknowledgment of paternity. Then he will go back and the judge will order him to pay x amount each month. If he is employed, they will garnish his paychecks to ensure it is paid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Yes he has a job. He has to! Due to he has 2 older sons in TX on CS also & their law is if he dont work theyll warrant an arrest 4 him.

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

Does he have a job? If he does they can locate him through his taxes he has to file then serve him at his job. If not, there is not much they can and will do until he surfaces but why bother if he doesn't have a job and can't pay anyway. I know it must be tough without his help, but it's best to always find a way to support yourself without his help since BDs can be unreliable. You can hire a PI but that can get expensive on your part and you probably won't make that money back in cs. You could ask the courts to grant you the money back from BD that you had to spend on it but they might not say yes. It's a tough situation and one mothers (and custodial fathers) shouldn't have to go through.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Sounds like the ex is trying to get out of paying you a dime.  Get that garnishment in place and enjoy the money you are getting from him once it starts flowing.  BD's will do just about anything to financially support their kids if they want to.  You might want to try and get his SS# so you can garnish his tax return.  I would get a court order for that in place, too. 

Musiq_Junkie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Well I know his tax returns are getting garnished already since he's in the system for his other 2 kids, just don't know if my dd will see any of it...I won't have funds to get a lawyer until next month, but I think CSED will garnish it since he's never bought anything or paid for  anything for dd....(he's already rackin up back support).

Quoting steviechick:

Sounds like the ex is trying to get out of paying you a dime.  Get that garnishment in place and enjoy the money you are getting from him once it starts flowing.  BD's will do just about anything to financially support their kids if they want to.  You might want to try and get his SS# so you can garnish his tax return.  I would get a court order for that in place, too. 

Musiq_Junkie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I mean I kinda know the process of things..but my main question is like if they can never catch up to him to serve him papers (because ppl are taking up for him & his boss is lying 2 cover for him) what happens? He's been at the same job for almost 2 yrs so it shouldn't be hard as it is to serve him at work! cuz if I have to drive 300 mi to find this idiot (which I KNOW I can) it won't be pretty @ all!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Once they serve him, he will probably have court ordered dns test unless his name is on the bc or he signs an acknowledgment of paternity. Then he will go back and the judge will order him to pay x amount each month. If he is employed, they will garnish his paychecks to ensure it is paid.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I don't know but here's a bump for you!  Good luck!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

nothing really. here, they dont care that much unless they are trying to recoup aid. they will eventually but not anytime soon.

Musiq_Junkie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Well I'd think they'd want their money back being that my dd is on Medicaid smh. idk why they take their time w/ serving him papers when he's been working @ the same place even before I filed for CS. i'd think common sense would tell them hey if his brother is hiding him, go to his job & serve him. find out his hours & days he works so we can just get this over with already!

Quoting faerie75:

nothing really. here, they dont care that much unless they are trying to recoup aid. they will eventually but not anytime soon.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM

If they can't find him, most likely nothing will happen. You can keep following up with them and providing them all the information you have, but ultimately THEY have to catch him to complete service. Short of finding him themselves, or he turns himself in, there's not much that will happen.

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

I mean I kinda know the process of things..but my main question is like if they can never catch up to him to serve him papers (because ppl are taking up for him & his boss is lying 2 cover for him) what happens? He's been at the same job for almost 2 yrs so it shouldn't be hard as it is to serve him at work! cuz if I have to drive 300 mi to find this idiot (which I KNOW I can) it won't be pretty @ all!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN