Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

College! Update!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM
  • 18 Replies

Tomorrow I'm going to the community college to see if I can still enroll for the Spring semester. If not, Ill be going for the Fall semester.

Im pretty excited about this...quite possibly will have to take my placement tests tomorrow as well...

Update: Went and took my placement tests and tested into Math 092 and into English 101. Tested excemt from any reading classes. Registered and enrolled today and will be taking Intro to Business, Eng 101 and Math 092 from 2:50pm-8:30pm

ITS A START!! WOO!

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Ashley on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Gillogley
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Good for you!!! I've been a single mom going to school for almost three years now and it isn't easy but it is soooooo worth it. Kudos!!

RaevynEvermore
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

My mom has agreed to watch DD if I do part time and at night, which I have no problem with.

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

Good for you!!! I've been a single mom going to school for almost three years now and it isn't easy but it is soooooo worth it. Kudos!!

Mama_Gillogley
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Awesome!!! My dad watched DS for a full year while I went to school full time. I had a friend and my brother watch him last year- this year I got a big fat scholorship that covered daycare, and next term i'm taking ONLINE classes, lol. Having a support group is vital to doing well in college... i'm really, REALLY excited for you!! WOOT! I'm sorry but I have to say it again, WOOT! This is AWESOME- you are going to BETTER your future by doing something difficult and that is extremely commendable!!!

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

My mom has agreed to watch DD if I do part time and at night, which I have no problem with.

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Good for you! Good luck. Im almost finished my bachelors degree and hopefully applying to education very soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Well best of luck, I hope that you can start very soon and you do well on your tests.

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I am getting ready to start my 3rd year and was looking into scholarships. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get yours from?

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

Awesome!!! My dad watched DS for a full year while I went to school full time. I had a friend and my brother watch him last year- this year I got a big fat scholorship that covered daycare, and next term i'm taking ONLINE classes, lol. Having a support group is vital to doing well in college... i'm really, REALLY excited for you!! WOOT! I'm sorry but I have to say it again, WOOT! This is AWESOME- you are going to BETTER your future by doing something difficult and that is extremely commendable!!!

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Congrats!!!! Thats great!

RaevynEvermore
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I took my test today and I tested OUT of reading (woo!) into Algebra 90, and was one point away from Eng. 101 so Im going to do a little review on what is needed while writing an essay and going back tomorrow to retest so I dont have to waste a semester and just get right into 101

deeds99
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM

SO exciting!  I started my college journey at a community college as a single mom, too.  That was 4 years ago... I will be 32 on Sunday and i will finish my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration w/Legal Studies this coming May!  You CAN do it!  It's hard... sometimes it sucks.  But it is SO worth it!  YAY for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)