Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

custody help!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

my son's father took my son away from me a couple years ago because of false acusations and lies about me and the guy i was dating at the time.  im no longer with that man and i have been taking notes for 2 years waiting for the day where i can take my son back.  im scared and not sure what to say to the judge if he asks me anything.  i want to make sure the judge knows that i am a better parent then his father.  i dont want it to be a father bash.  i want my son back and im scared im going to loose.  any advice?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Katt709
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Get a lawyer!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemyson0430
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM

i have a lawyer.  i am trying to prepare for a long battle ahead of me and i dont want any surprises

PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:50 PM
It's hard to help if we don't have all the details. Just make sure all your ducks are in a row. I'm glad you don't want to bash the father, however, judges are reluctant to take a child from a happy home even if the other parent is "better" in some ways (makes more money, has a nicer house, etc...). Unless the dad has done something to make him an unfit father, I would imagine the child would stay in his home. Have you thought about joint custody (legal and physical)?
Kudos to you for being the best m you can and trying to get your child in your home though! The LO deserves parents who care.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM

It may be very hard getting him back in your care.  But you should try to get visitation as much as you can.  If you want to talk, PM me.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Good luck utilize your lawyer and get as much visitation as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN