Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What's the most pricey gift your kid(s) is/are getting?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 95 Replies

You don't have to be price specific, just name it. It's not a bragging post to shame everyone. It's more like a pride booster. If you don't want to reply, you don't have to! This is just for fun and to encourage everyone!

For my son, it would be the puppy. She's such a spoiled brat already!!! She's being bad right now munching on my socks. She WON'T listen, so I said FUGG IT and gave her my damn socks. I have lots so it's not like I'm wasting them.

Aside from the puppy, it would be the Lego City fire station. I posted something a few days ago concerning the child support. I don't get that kind of money all the time, so I made sure I splurged it on my son to make up for the shitty broken promise during his bday this year in July.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kjsaes
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Tablets, one for each of them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Very cool! I don't honestly understand the backlash on buying kids tablets. Technology is advancing even for little ones, and there are some damn good apps out there. I use our iPad to help DS learn to trace his alphabet and write his name. Getting him all prepared for grade 1 in September.

Quoting kjsaes:

kjsaes
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I don't either! Before we know it everything in school will be through electronics. Why not get them used to it now so they are ahead.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Very cool! I don't honestly understand the backlash on buying kids tablets. Technology is advancing even for little ones, and there are some damn good apps out there. I use our iPad to help DS learn to trace his alphabet and write his name. Getting him all prepared for grade 1 in September.

Quoting kjsaes:

Mocking.Jay
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM

In a few schools here, the teachers are already integrating iPads to teach cursive and penmanship!

Quoting kjsaes:

I don't either! Before we know it everything in school will be through electronics. Why not get them used to it now so they are ahead.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Quoting kjsaes:

kjsaes
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM
And there's my point lol. My oldest is in first grade, this school corp doesn't teach cursive anymore.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

In a few schools here, the teachers are already integrating iPads to teach cursive and penmanship!

Quoting kjsaes:

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Quoting kjsaes:

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM
My son is getting a refurbished computer and a desk. He's getting a few small things too but that's the big gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM
A stroller for her dolls that's my big gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
petite101
by Danielle on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM
My daughter is getting a kaoroke machine that has the words to sing along with, it's a Monster High one. She's got more, but that's the most expensive and it was put on layaway so we didn't have to buy it outright.

My son is getting a 3-1 bike, put it on layaway too. He's also getting more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

They are getting rid of it here too. I also heard of this new math they're teaching. Long Division will be R.I.P too.

Quoting kjsaes:

And there's my point lol. My oldest is in first grade, this school corp doesn't teach cursive anymore.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Quoting kjsaes:

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Quoting kjsaes:

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Years ago when they were in my care I gave them two pricy and well liked gifts.  One was a V-tech computer which worked like a real computer and I even liked it for the built in games on it and I still have it.  The other was a karoake machine and a dance mat they could use to dance to from the tv set, and can use the Karoake for singing, but it also had words and other things shown on the tv.  It was really cool, and I still have the item as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN