Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

For us single pregnant ladies

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:30 PM
  • 21 Replies
Hard hearing others talk about their so kissing their bellies, complimenting the look, etc. ok to be fair I'm crying after reading the comments. I knew I shouldn't have read it. Anyone else feel like, "this isn't how it's supposed to be." Damn sitcoms raising the expectations. 95% certain this will be my first and only kid. It's hard to not want another just so I can have that loving experience, but I know there's no guarantee that the next time would be any different. I mean I was married and my baby was planned. How do you head off these circumstances? Sigh. Thanks for letting me whine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

*HUGS*

KatRory1988
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

HUGS*** I know the feeling this is the second time I am going through the same situation and I will not ever allow myself to go through it again. But as long as my girls are happy I will be happy.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Hugs mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.momo3
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
((Hugs)) When my belly first started getting bigger and I could feel him move I cried all the time over every precious moment his dad was missing out on. Id like to say it gets easier but i just got medicated and dad came back to us. I know it hurts but this is what i told myself every day...."he does not deserve this. If he could choose to miss out on these amazing moments, he doesnt deserve them. He doesnt deserve this wonderful baby that will one day be an amazing man who i will never allow do this to a woman. Im going to raise his son to be a better man than he is."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM
When my son is here it will be way different. I've already started to put the positive spin on it when I got to put his stroller, bassinet, and bouncer together. It's nice to be selfish with it, but I may just punch the next supportive husband I see lol. Then appologize to his wife of course.

Quoting KatRory1988:

HUGS*** I know the feeling this is the second time I am going through the same situation and I will not ever allow myself to go through it again. But as long as my girls are happy I will be happy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Thank you sincerely for that.

Quoting ms.momo3:

((Hugs)) When my belly first started getting bigger and I could feel him move I cried all the time over every precious moment his dad was missing out on. Id like to say it gets easier but i just got medicated and dad came back to us. I know it hurts but this is what i told myself every day...."he does not deserve this. If he could choose to miss out on these amazing moments, he doesnt deserve them. He doesnt deserve this wonderful baby that will one day be an amazing man who i will never allow do this to a woman. Im going to raise his son to be a better man than he is."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SkylarBeth
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I feel you sweety. I do pretty good most of the time, knowing I'm alone well, I try to think of it as I'm not alone anymore, because I can feel life within. Sometimes I really wish my bd lived closer and we could be in a relationship, but other times I know that won't ever happen. 

I try to tell myself "BE HAPPY, You're having a baby, this is what you always wanted and they said it would never happen" Now I'm pregnant and alone. I try to be happy...I am happy, but sad sometimes. I wish I had better strength for you. Just try to see the wonderful. I wish you enough.

strngenough
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Cuddled up with my puppies and baby is kicking, your right I'm not alone. Thank you. I wish you could have your relationship too, but your right we get to never be alone again. : )

Quoting SkylarBeth:

I feel you sweety. I do pretty good most of the time, knowing I'm alone well, I try to think of it as I'm not alone anymore, because I can feel life within. Sometimes I really wish my bd lived closer and we could be in a relationship, but other times I know that won't ever happen. 

I try to tell myself "BE HAPPY, You're having a baby, this is what you always wanted and they said it would never happen" Now I'm pregnant and alone. I try to be happy...I am happy, but sad sometimes. I wish I had better strength for you. Just try to see the wonderful. I wish you enough.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Ashley on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM
When i was pregnant with dd, i would sit there and cry my eyes almost every night. I kept thinking to myself that i couldnt do this on my own abd had all these negative thoughts. I still do at times, even though im going to school to be able to provide for myself and my daughter. And will admit that i am a little jealous of some of my friends because even though they arent married, their so's are still with them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyCuties612
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly.. same here. I feel a bitterness towards couples and even women who just simply have their children's fathers around. I drove myself home from.the hospital after I had my DD, and I was alone for both of my pregnancies. It hurts :( I DONT want more children.. but it wouldbe nice to someday have a baby with a man who loves me and the baby and sticks around. I have no idea what that feels like :(

Quoting armyvet06:

When i was pregnant with dd, i would sit there and cry my eyes almost every night. I kept thinking to myself that i couldnt do this on my own abd had all these negative thoughts. I still do at times, even though im going to school to be able to provide for myself and my daughter. And will admit that i am a little jealous of some of my friends because even though they arent married, their so's are still with them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN