Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone feel pressured to date because of their age?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

Does anyone else stress out about their age? Right now I dont want to date. I am so busy with school and my son,.. I dont even know what I would do if God placed the most prefect man in our lives right now. Having said that,.... I feel a GREAT pressure to get out there and date because I am already 25 years old :C

Does anyone else feel this way? How do you cope with that?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I'm 48.  I've been divorced for just over a year.  I'm more than ready to date.  Just haven't been to get lucky enough to have a man approach me or go on a decent date.  I guess it's not my time. 

EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I think getting out there where the single men are is the key. I know that is one of the reasons why I havnt met someone. I am always doing things with my son 

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel that way, I'm 28 yo and been divorced 2 years, so all my friends think I should be out there all the time and finding the next Mr. Right, I started dating maybe a year after I divorced, dated, was with one guy seriously for 6 months and it ended  because he was just too demanding of my time and that isn't possible when I work full time and have a son. So I say do what makes you happy, if you don't want to date, don't and don't allow anyone to make you feel otherwise. 

EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

My fear is - How real is it, that with age, that our chances of finding love fall? If I wait until I want to, could it really be to late? 

Is there ever a good time to date when you are a single mother? Should I just suck it up?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Sure I do, and I'm not dating right now either.
EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM

BUMP - still looking for advice with how people deal with this (if they are) 

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
No, age never concerned me at all, but I knew I was done having kids after my second one, so it never mattered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess I did... I worried about a lot of things, my age (30), my 3 GIRLS, my struggling financial status... and then one day it just happened. I found an incredible man who loves me, my girls as if they were his own (he doesn't even have kids) and is willing to overlook my finances and help me finish my college career. Someday you may be just as pleasantly surprised as I. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Quoting Robsessed98:

No, age never concerned me at all, but I knew I was done having kids after my second one, so it never mattered.

I think that is what is bothering me. I only have one child and want to have more

Childofares
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel a little pressured to date (35) but with school and work and being a single Mom? The pool of men is limited and to be honest, nothing I've seen has impressed me thus far. I have specific standards this time in what I'm looking for

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)