Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Mom that can make ends meet - this is real and Christmas is around the corner.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone mom of 3 and I need a miracle. I have to find a way out financially. I pay $955 a month in daycare, $192 a month for car insurance $78 school loan $90 phone (son and mines), Gas $150 a month, 2 credit cards $25 a month each, two cash to pay day loans $175 a month. I can not afford to buy food for my kids so my mom buys the food in the house but there are no goodies for the kids. I can barely afford pull ups for my daughter on a monthly basis I have started shopping at the flea market where i get a pack for $15 she only wears them at night. My first son is in college and i have to cover his miscellaneous expenses. I have to come up with $350 for Feb 2013. My second needs a haircut and I cant afford the $11 every two weeks. I sold my gas guzzler SUV and got something smaller. There is about 6 months plus owed on the utility bill because I cant afford to pay it and my mom allocated that bill to me on a monthly basis so turn off notice soon to come. I make $1744 a month after taxes. I am unable to get a pt job because i have no coverage with the kids. Am I live like this for the rest of my life. I need to transfer title to me with the new car oil change 3 new tires. My son birthday is Friday. GOD HELP ME. 

PNK2012

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
missladyvixen1
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Have you tried agenicys like the Salvation Army. They had help me out in my time of need. 

I have gotten PCAP for my electric and gas both bills come out to about $60. And CCIS, which is a type of help for daycare.

DO you get child support?

Shaybay218
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Sorry you have to go through such tough time...maybe you should cut the phones off and get a prepaid phone...I know u don't want bad credit but i'd miss some 25$ dollar payments...praying for u..try going to a church for help 

Musiq_Junkie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Idk how ur state is w/ helping out w/ energy utilities but check with the welfare office to see if they have any programs like that. Like I know here in NM have programs to help with the electric & heat bill.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Have you sat down and made yourself a budget every month for the next few months? If you haven't you should, this will give you a better idea on where you can cut down on, gas is expensive, but what I have realized is that if you have public transportation near work and home, it may cost you less to ride public transportation rather then drive everywhere. Also do you have good enough credit to maybe request a big loan, ( low interest rate) to cover the quick loans and credit card bills this way you can clear those deeds and make more manageable payments a month? Have you tried looking for other daycare that would be less expensive or even placing an ad for child care online? You may find some honest and good people that will take less because they are paid off the books, you wont be able to declare child care on your taxes but you'll end up saving in the long run. Cell phones, do you have prepaid  plans because you can get phones for as little as 20 bucks each if you can limit yourself to using your phone for important things only.  I know  living on a tight budget sucks but it gets better. 

PNK2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions.

brieri
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Check on that car insurance again.  That's alot for a 6 month payment or even totalling 12 months.  Depending on how old your car is, you can probably have some items taken off or reduced.  Contact your insurance agency.  Phone - how did you come up with that amount for how long?  Cut your son's hair on your own.    That monthly amount is pretty good if you ask me, you just need to learn to budget better.  Contact a budgeting consultant to help you identify the areas where you can cut back, so you can pay the rest of your bills.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)