Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Jouned. pretty freaked out.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello, my name is Stephanie and I am 24yrs old with 2 kids ages 6 and 4. My boyfriend, their father just recently told me last week he is done. He doesn't like the responsibility. I have never been a single mother and I am freaked out. I haven't had a job since 2007. I looked up day care costs and the cheapest day care is $1000 a month.

I don't even have a car. He said he will still buy me one at tax time like planned, but that is still awhile away and anything could happen.

I have no support system. My dad lives 40mins. Away with his gf and their roommate is a registered sex offender. My brother only cares for himself. Idk what I am going to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
strngenough
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
You'll find your footing and make it through like we all are : )
Welcome to the group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.momo3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
((Hugs)) its always scary at first. But you can do it. Mamas are strong beings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM

oh hun, you will get there. stay strong and positive. hugs

happynewyorker
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I think ur going to go to the courts or what ever system there is where ur located, provided ur boyfriends social security and have them go after him for child support.  Ur going to get help from the state that u live in and use the day care places they have. Most will get u subsides ones that don't cost a lot.  One child should be school are and after school programs don't cost much.  Then ur going to start looking for a job.  http://www.indeed.com/ 

MeeshMom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Dial 211. It's a directory with local organizations that help people in your situation. Ask for places that help single moms and children. Also start applying for your state welfare, Childcare tuition assistance, etc through social services. I had to do all that and I'm now living in my own with a full time job finishing a bachelors degree. You will get through it. Don't be discouraged. The beginning is the hard part. And welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Be strong and hang on. The next few months are gonna be rough, but you will find a way to make it work. Dont give up hope and believe in yourself. It will get easier in time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)